Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well a little aptitude test experiment here!!!

For people who took the UKCAT and BMAT

State your BMAT and UKCAT scores in the following Order

BMAT Total : /33
    Section 1 : /9
    Section 2 : /9
    Section 3 : /15

UKCAT Average :
    VR :
    QR:
    AR
    DA:
    Personality score : IE favours individuals or the conventions of the law and society.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Since you included the BMAT I take it you mean those who took it last year? If so these were my scores

BMAT Total : 20.6/33
    Section 1 : 5.1/9
    Section 2 : 6.5/9
    Section 3 : 9 /15

UKCAT Average : 670 (693.33 when they took out AR last year)
    VR: 650
    QR: 750
    AR: 600
    DA: 680
    Personality score : "Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest you appear to balance being self-suffiecient, discreet and happy to make your own decisions with being socially and emotionally engages and outgoing"

Didn't know what to put for the personality one, I just copied what it said in the sheet :p:

ReputationRep:
    that's exactly what i was after!!!

how come you dint get in?

Come ON People lets get this to show a trend!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    lol fair enough

didn't get in probably not good enough gcses for bristol and soton, bad interview technique at ucl, better interview technique for kings but lack of places...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    lol fair enough

didn't get in probably not good enough gcses for Bristol and soton, bad interview technique at ucl, better interview technique for kings but lack of places...

what were your GCSES and you were not good enough for soton and are you using the same PS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjkkll)
    what were your GCSES and you were not good enough for soton and are you using the same PS?
    2A*s, 5 As, 4 Bs and a C

Not exactly the same...need to change some of it but I also need to have something definite to do next year to put in

ReputationRep:
    BMAT Total : 21.2/33
    Section 1 : 6/9
    Section 2 : 6.2/9
    Section 3 : 9/15

UKCAT Average : 702.5 (this is from this year, last year average was 680 odd)
    VR : 700
    QR: 740
    AR: 590
    DA: 780
    Personality score : "Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest you appear to balance being self-suffiecient, discreet and happy to make your own decisions with being socially and emotionally engages and outgoing"

ReputationRep:
    2A*s, 5 As, 4 Bs and a C

Not exactly the same...need to change some of it but I also need to have something definite to do next year to put in

:eek: :eek: your GCSEs are really good and Soton rejected you

i stand no chance then!!!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek: your GCSEs are really good and Soton rejected you

i stand no chance then!!!
    Not really, they're alright. Well actually Soton said I could apply next year and stuff but I donno.

I'm not sure what they want at Soton really, I know someone who was rejected with 8 A*s and such, not sure of anyone who got in

I think it's mainly about the lack of interview so you have to look amazing on paper

Actually there is someone who got an offer from soton on here with similar GCSEs to me

ReputationRep:
    Come on!! there must be some BMAT and UKCAT results holders around this forum!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrDomDom)
    Honestly, compared to some peoples results, they aren't too strong.

i know!!, and my AS results don't help, nor does my UKCAT!! :no:

but they are good grades!! just not better than the majority of medicine applicants.

but i do offer quite a lot! (i hope)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrDomDom)
    You better focus on that in your PS then. Meet the minimum academic reqs and be a good all rounder.

i am focusing on my PS I'm on my 4th draft!!

and i do meed an exceed some minimum criteria, for the places I'm applying.!!

ReputationRep:
    cant remember my ukcat it had an average of 672 though,

my bmat was

6.1 6.7 10.5
    total = 23.3

ReputationRep:
    BMAT Total : 19.3/33
    Section 1 : 5.6/9
    Section 2 : 6.2/9
    Section 3 : 7.5/15

UKCAT Average : 670
    VR: 590
    QR: 780
    AR: 650
    DA: 660

Personality score :

"Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest you appear to balance being self-sufficient, discreet and happy to make your own decisions with being socially and emotionally engaged and outgoing"

ReputationRep:
    When are the UKCAT/BMAT taken?In year 12 or 13??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sine)
    When are the UKCAT/BMAT taken?In year 12 or 13??
    UKCAT - summer between year 12 and 13

BMAT - sometime late October/beginning of November of year 13 (there's a set date each year)

ReputationRep:
    UKCAT - summer between year 12 and 13

BMAT - sometime late October/beginning of November of year 13 (there's a set date each year)
    Oh good,I dont have to worry about that just yet then..

ReputationRep:
    Well a little aptitude test experiment here!!!

For people who took the UKCAT and BMAT

State your BMAT and UKCAT scores in the following Order

BMAT Total : /33
    Section 1 : /9
    Section 2 : /9
    Section 3 : /15

UKCAT Average :
    VR :
    QR:
    AR
    DA:
    Personality score : IE favours individuals or the conventions of the law and society.

Thanks
    Im not sure this applies to you, because you're not going to apply to Cambridge, but nevertheless, it is well woth looking at:

http://www.admissionstests.cambridge..._26-09-07_.pdf

for a more statistical rather than anecdotal view. The first page of graphcs shows quite clearly that as you apporach around 6+ in Section 2 and then 1, the chances of an offer increase dramatically.

But as I have said, this is for Cambridge only.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    Im not sure this applies to you, because you're not going to apply to Cambridge, but nevertheless, it is well woth looking at:

http://www.admissionstests.cambridge..._26-09-07_.pdf

for a more statistical rather than anecdotal view. The first page of graphcs shows quite clearly that as you apporach around 6+ in Section 2 and then 1, the chances of an offer increase dramatically.

But as I have said, this is for Cambridge only.
    this is not my aim here, im looking for a correlation betweek UKCAT and BMAT, not at BMAT alone. The .pdf was intresting as it seems that more people with higher scores are rejected.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, they're alright. Well actually Soton said I could apply next year and stuff but I donno.

I'm not sure what they want at Soton really, I know someone who was rejected with 8 A*s and such, not sure of anyone who got in

I think it's mainly about the lack of interview so you have to look amazing on paper

Actually there is someone who got an offer from soton on here with similar GCSEs to me
    They pick names out of a hat.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 25, 2008

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.