Watch
epicnm
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry...sO4wFlxLfLV328

Personally I find this really stupid. If I am in year 12 and have a sibling in year 8, if someone in year 12 contracts coronavirus, I would be expected to self-isolate, but my sibling would be expected to return to school? I know it’s very difficult to get schools back but this doesn’t seem well thought through.
Aminah T
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If, in September all the year groups have to go to school how will social distancing take place? 🤔
Jesscruzx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Aminah T)
If, in September all the year groups have to go to school how will social distancing take place? 🤔
Probs the same as what’s going on now , some days we go in other days we will probs have zoom lessons which is gonna be hard af
epicnm
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
They’ve said year groups will not have to social distance in classrooms but elsewhere (where possible and doesn’t prevent students from returning) to stay 1m apart
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There are only two government ministers capable of any sort of planning- Rishi Sunak and Grant Shapps.

The government should have been looking to bring non-school buildings into use so some pupils could be taught elsewhere, to reduce contact and enable social distancing. There are halls, theatres not in use, empty shops, libraries and other buildings that could be used. There has been 3 months so far to identify these buildings.

If this government had been in charge in 1940, the Nazis would have successfully invaded England.
epicnm
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
(Original post by barnetlad)
There are only two government ministers capable of any sort of planning- Rishi Sunak and Grant Shapps.

The government should have been looking to bring non-school buildings into use so some pupils could be taught elsewhere, to reduce contact and enable social distancing. There are halls, theatres not in use, empty shops, libraries and other buildings that could be used. There has been 3 months so far to identify these buildings.

If this government had been in charge in 1940, the Nazis would have successfully invaded England.
Completely agree! Boris Johnson isn’t fit to supervise a Tesco never mind a country. He has had ample opportunity to find these alternative provisions but this is the best he could come up with. He must be one of the most incapable prime ministers Britain has had.
Aminah T
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by epicnm)
They’ve said year groups will not have to social distance in classrooms but elsewhere (where possible and doesn’t prevent students from returning) to stay 1m apart
Wait so that means students could be taught outside the classroom to enable social distancing? :confused:
tecna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllll=agreed
Aminah T
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Completely agree! Boris Johnson isn’t fit to supervise a Tesco never mind a country. He has had ample opportunity to find these alternative provisions but this is the best he could come up with. He must be one of the most incapable prime ministers Britain has had.
Lmao so true. :rofl: I feel like he doesn't know what he's doing majority of the time
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
HK students are back to school for a month. We had half-day school, ending at 1pm, and avoided contact sport for PE. Some schools also arranged for different year groups to arrive at different times.
epicnm
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Wait so that means students could be taught outside the classroom to enable social distancing? :confused:
From what I understand, students will not social distance at all when being taught as lessons will continue to take place in classrooms. However during breaks and outside of school, 1m social distancing is advised (which doesn’t make sense if your not social distancing during lessons.

Lmao so true. :rofl: I feel like he doesn't know what he's doing majority of the time
Yep - he hasn’t known what he was doing since his the pandemic started (and long before that! )
epicnm
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by 8013)
HK students are back to school for a month. We had half-day school, ending at 1pm, and avoided contact sport for PE. Some schools also arranged for different year groups to arrive at different times.
Is this for years 10 and 12? In September when all years return, they did say that different year groups would arrive at different times to allow ‘year group bubbles’.
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Is this for years 10 and 12? In September when all years return, they did say that different year groups would arrive at different times to allow ‘year group bubbles’.
For HK, all students returned in three phases from 27 May to 15 June. My school does not do this, and I had to take a crowded bus back home (there is another school next to mine, and there are 200 people waiting at the bus stop every day).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
18.82%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.28%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.97%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.48%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
11.02%

Watched Threads