MrPickwick
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hello, I currently need to decide from a few offers I have received during the last few months. I have offers in the following courses and universities:
MSc International Accounting and Finance - Cass Business School
MSc Finance (Asset Pricing) - King's College London
MSc Finance - Lancaster
MSc Finance - Loughborough
MSc Investment Management - Exeter
I intend to pursue a career in IB, but considering none of these are proper target unis, I am unsure if it would be worth doing the IA&F course at Cass to elevate my CV or take on a pure MSc in Finance somewhere like Lancaster which also provides great prospects or somewhere with good overall reputation like KCL but with an average business school. Thanks for your help in advance.
Last edited by MrPickwick; 5 days ago
John Bull
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I would go for King's, followed by Cass. Lancaster I would rank slightly lower than Cass. That course at Cass seems to be almost pure accounting which I personally can't stand though.

Did you apply to Imperial, LSE, Warwick?
Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by MrPickwick)
Hello, I currently need to decide from a few offers I have received during the last few months. I have offers in the following courses and universities:
MSc Finance - Lancaster
I intend to pursue a career in IB, but considering none of these are proper target unis, I am unsure if it would be worth doing the IA&F course at Cass to elevate my CV or take on a pure MSc in Finance somewhere like Lancaster which also provides great prospects or somewhere with good overall reputation like KCL but with an average business school. Thanks for your help in advance.
Hi @MrPickwick,

Congratulations on receiving all your offers.

Have you looked at each of the courses in depth? This will help you to identify which one you prefer, especially if you look at the modules offered and whether there are optional modules that can help you tailor the course to your chosen career path.

Our MSc Finance degree is taught within our Top 10 UK ranked Business School, where you will be taught by leading academics and have access to industry expertise. The team within the Business School also has a dedicated careers team to help you in securing a role upon graduating, whilst providing careers advice and guidance during your studies.

If you have any specific questions about Loughborough, please drop us a PM and we will get back to you ASAP.
Best Wishes,
Emily
Bdbsbshs
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by MrPickwick)
MSc Finance - Lancaster
If I was in your position I would definitely go with Cass.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (58)
19.27%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (64)
21.26%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
19.27%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (64)
21.26%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (29)
9.63%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
9.3%

Watched Threads