I am wasting myself..... Professional sports

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My friend told me that sports careers that don't involve biology are an easy way out for the intellectually compromised and that I'm wasting my ability.

Should I just keep my sporting as a hobby and get a "proper job" or still go into professional sports even though I'm wasting myself?
e2002!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No, don’t listen to them. You need to do what’s right for you and if you want a career in sports because that’s what you enjoy and that’s what you are passionate about then you should go for it. You should only change if it’s because of an actual reason, like idk bc it makes more money or is more stable or something(i obviously dk if it actually is or anything) and you’re willing to sacrifice what you’re passionate about for this.

And honestly i would say that in a lot of cases it wouldn’t even be worth it if you really want to do sports, as you don’t want to get 10 years down the line and have massive regrets because you hate your job and are thinking of what could have been.

Honestly don’t listen to them, that’s a pretty awful thing to say as a friend and they’re coming off as bitter tbh. I, and many others, would never consider professional sports as an ‘easy way out for the intellectually compromised’, i can imagine that certain careers especially are actually v difficult. What are you wanting to do?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (12)
8.57%
Confident (18)
12.86%
Indifferent (25)
17.86%
Unsure (38)
27.14%
Worried (47)
33.57%

Watched Threads

Latest