zxc12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hello!
I have recently completed my final exam as an Italian student (Diploma di Esame di Stato, "State Exam Diploma") with an overall score of 97% (97 out of 100). Would any of you happen to know how one might compare this result to a GCE grade?

My intention is to apply to the Classics course. Do you think I could have a chance? Or are my academic accomplishments inadequate or mediocre?

Thank you very much in advance.
Last edited by zxc12; 5 days ago
whycantwerun
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I'm not sure about the new grading system for GCSEs, but getting 97% is sure to put you in the very top percentage of students, so I would say that's equivalent to a grade 9 at GCSE.

However it depends on how your country grades its students. If your score is considered very high and rare, then it's a grade 9 in GCSE terms. If it's good but quite a few people get it, it may be a grade 8 instead. I'd contact the course you want to apply for and ask them.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
A quick google search to points to your
Esame di Stato being equivalent to A-levels
(and not GCSEs)

The table from one uni suggests that 95 and above is equivalent to AAA.

However you will need to investigate further...
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 4 days ago
GabiAbi84
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I’d suggest you look at the university you would like to apply to an see what their equivalency table is as there are differences in the few I have seen. However a 97 is a very good mark.
YeOldeForensics
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hey, da quello che so un 97 equivale a qualcosa come AAA / A*AA, non so quali siano i requisiti per il tuo corso ma mi sembra un ottimo risultato.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (63)
19.27%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (70)
21.41%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (61)
18.65%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (69)
21.1%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (32)
9.79%
I haven't started researching yet (32)
9.79%

Watched Threads