How do I deal with anxiety?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
At night I get this terrible feeling of anxiety it consumes me I find it hard to breathe and I just freeze and I feel like I am shutting down. How do I deal with this? I am on a waiting list for therapy at the moment and I am on antidepressants and antipsychotics along with beta blockers.

I am fine in the day time it is just the night time that I find very hard if i can't deal with it at home how will I cope at un?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Take your beta blockers at night too
GabiAbi84
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What have you tried to help?
There are wonderful so called “sleep therapy” feeds on YouTube that have music/nature sounds that can help to calm the anxiety.
One major thing with anxiety is that it is a vicious circle, you’re anxious then you feel anxious about being anxious and so on. Plus the physical side of it perpetuates it (rapid heart rate, clammy, breathless) if you can stop one side the other can follow.
Another good method is to “ground” yourself by naming five things you can see, four things you can touch, three things you can hear, two things you can smell and one thing you can taste (or a variation of that) it helps to slow yourself down and get out of the anxious headspace.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Take your beta blockers at night too
I take them at night .
PAPYRUS-UK
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
At night I get this terrible feeling of anxiety it consumes me I find it hard to breathe and I just freeze and I feel like I am shutting down. How do I deal with this? I am on a waiting list for therapy at the moment and I am on antidepressants and antipsychotics along with beta blockers.

I am fine in the day time it is just the night time that I find very hard if i can't deal with it at home how will I cope at un?
Hi there, anxiety and depression can be very difficult to deal with, it's amazing to hear that you have reached out for support already but waiting while it kicks in can be awful.

I would like to highlight that it takes massive courage to reach out for support like you have done so well done.

I can share links to support services that could possibly be useful for you so please take a look when you have time.

https://youngminds.org.uk/
https://www.themix.org.uk/
https://www.mind.org.uk/information-...about-anxiety/

I hope this is helpful for you,

Take care now,
Erika
:snow:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (84)
18.67%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (91)
20.22%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.67%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (99)
22%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.78%
I haven't started researching yet (48)
10.67%

Watched Threads