How to lose 30kg of weight?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I want my boyfriend to not leave me, so I want to look better, how to go from 68kg to 38kg
Anonymous #1
by the way im 4'11
GHeard26
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
68kg is healthy for your height, 38 is dangerously low.
AM.TSR
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I wouldn't drop down to 38kg, if I were you. 50kg seems more appropriate for your height. You would need to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight but make sure you do it in a healthy way.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
Firstly, just a gentle reminder that your weight, your appearance, and how you feel should all centre around your own happiness and not anyone else’s ideals. If you want to change yourself, it is vital you are doing it for you and not for anyone else! If your partner loves you, it doesn’t matter what size you are.

Secondly, depending on your age (from your height you sound quite young) but 38kg is a very low weight, if you’re going to lose weight please please do it safely and responsibly.

Hope this helps, look after yourself!
Anonymous #3
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by GHeard26)
68kg is healthy for your height, 38 is dangerously low.
68kg at 4ft11 for a female is >30 bmi which is classed as obese. So it is not a healthy weight.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
68kg at 4ft11 for a female is >30 bmi which is classed as obese. So it is not a healthy weight.
yes I agree, luckily Im quite curvy and most the weight is on my boobs and ass but I want to be thinner as Im having back problems and my boyfriend likes thin women
Anonymous #4
Report 4 days ago
it depends on whether it is muscle mass or fat, some athletes or physically fit people will be classified as having BMI's which would be physically obese, so to rely on that is incorrect. 68kg is fine, however if you want to lose weight for your own happiness, wellbeing and it's what you want to do for yourself (it shouldn't be for your boyfriend) then you should do you! however do it in a healthy and slow way, up your amount of exercise or focus on cardio, you don't necessarily have to eat in a calorie deficit but you can if you want to (if you are exercising more as you are burning more calories, so you will still lose weight). But be careful, try not to snack as much or if you do switch it up with healthy snacks, and do it in a healthy way.

And ultimately if you are happy with your weight, you shouldn't change yourself for someone else!!!
AnotherRandom
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
BMI isn’t everything it doesn’t account for other factors to weight e.g muscle mass and water weight. What matters most is how you feel physically and mentally in that weight. Sure if you want to lose some all you need to do is have a calorie deficit of 300-500 a day (since you’re smaller go for 200-300 MAX so you aren’t starving) and stop at a weight you look at feel best at now how low the scale is.
Last edited by AnotherRandom; 4 days ago
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Eat more.
Eat more low calorie density foods.
Low calorie density foods are generally the unprocessed or less processed plant based ones.

Some people are very faddy when it comes to eating fruit, veg, seeds. Even though these foods are delicious in taste, texture and variety when done right for anyone with an open mind. When done wrong they can be boring to eat.

There's some interesting videos here:
https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/weight-loss/

Exercise a bit more. You don't have to go to the gym. Use the stairs instead of the lift. Run or jog to the bus stop instead of walking. Small changes like that.

Be patient. Weight loss of about 0.5 kgs per week is the right sort of rate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (54)
19.15%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (61)
21.63%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (57)
20.21%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (60)
21.28%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
8.87%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
8.87%

Watched Threads