So they are opening up shops pubs etc but not the gym?

Watch
ThuggerThugger
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I am vex not gonna lie.. I somewhat understand that opening a gym is more risky than opening a pub due to it being easier for body fluids to exchange.. but I am disappointing tbh.
rxyaltyx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
yeah i hate not being able to go to the gym but its not safe enough
Wōden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Do some push-ups?
macy_m
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Disappointed*
ThuggerThugger
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Wōden)
Do some push-ups?
Genius, this solves everything
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by macy_m)
Disappointed*
He wasn’t actually wrong to be fair.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It's almost as if people can't exercise outside of some over priced gym :rolleyes:
Trotsky's Ghost
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Napp)
It's almost as if people can't exercise outside of some over priced gym :rolleyes:
Gyms and sport centres offer a whole host of equipment and facilities that most people do not have access to. Something that has been made worse by home gym and fitness equipment being extremely difficult to source over the last three months.

Gym and sports centre memberships aren't that expensive to adults. Although I'm sure anyone still reliant on pocket money from their parents would consider them overpriced.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I agree that they should be opening with restrictions. As should open air swimming pools. You can track and trace with memberships.

Pub re-opening should have been midweek.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Trotsky's Ghost)
Gyms and sport centres offer a whole host of equipment and facilities that most people do not have access to. Something that has been made worse by home gym and fitness equipment being extremely difficult to source over the last three months.

Gym and sports centre memberships aren't that expensive to adults. Although I'm sure anyone still reliant on pocket money from their parents would consider them overpriced.
The point was you can easily exercise without a high tech erg or what not.
dalbyc
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
because they want us to be fat
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by dalbyc)
because they want us to be fat
You don't need a gym in order to not be fat. People have managed for hundreds of years to do so without them: you should be able to manage for a few weeks.
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by YaliaV)
He wasn’t actually wrong to be fair.
Prsom :rofl:
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
They will open eventually. Things are reopening gradually and with caution to help us slowly get back to normal. If we rush it, it won't end well. You've lasted this long without a gym, a few more weeks/months won't kill you. In the meantime, make use of local parks to exercise in or exercise at home. IT may not be as good as a gym, but it's better than not exercising at all.
dalbyc
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
i neeed
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
TBH given the world's struggles there an element of 'shut the fk up and adapt, bloody gym rats'
imlikeahermit
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Honestly, given what we’ve seen with these protests the last few weeks we may as well just open everything. In fact, actually encourage people to lick tables clean. That’s how far away from a lockdown we’ve come.
dalbyc
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
My karma ran over my dogma.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
You don't need a gym in order to not be fat. People have managed for hundreds of years to do so without them: you should be able to manage for a few weeks.
I agree, but they are an employer and probably worth millions in the economy, so should be able to open if they can achieve social distancing. Easier for them and especially to track and trace than with pubs.

Equally if we had adopted the Belgian approach that travel to exercise or relax had to be on foot or cycle, more people would have exercise instead of sitting in cars travelling to test their eyesight or crowd beaches.
dalbyc
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
ship you over to china
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (63)
19.27%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (70)
21.41%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (61)
18.65%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (69)
21.1%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (32)
9.79%
I haven't started researching yet (32)
9.79%

Watched Threads