Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
It's true. I am 20 years old and I have no friends. My childhood was somewhat ordinary, but I always struggled to make friends. During primary school I used to be the person people often avoided. Due to my extreme shyness, I struggled to get anywhere and I imagine people thought badly of me due to my shyness as I grew up. It isn't unheard of that shy people are mistaken as judgemental people. Maybe they thought oh this person thinks they're better than everyone else. I don't know. Like everyone else in secondary I was a part of a group of people, but never really had a friend? I didn't get along with anyone in particular. Moving onto sixth form it was the same think. I could tell no one liked me and I wasn't sure why. I hated how people would think I was some abnormal genius ahead of everyone. Why can I make friends. What's wrong with me. I want to cry.. every time I make a friend or get along a little with someone I destroy everything by pushing the person away.. it's like I'm afraid of being hurt. I always want some sort of control because I know if I lose someone then I lose everyone because I got no one. It hurts to let go of people and no one understands how I struggle to cope socially. I hate myself I can't even lie. If anyone knew me they would run from.. I'm not good.. for all i know I'm mental and delusional and a psychopath.. ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
It's alright.. I don't expect anyone to help me it's okay I have to pick myself up even if i feel like crying a lot
TheStarboy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Are you a guy or girl? What are you studying at uni? I'm not an expert but it's harder for some people to make friends. That shouldn't stop you. You can still get past your barrier and be able to make friends.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (126)
28.38%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.06%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (87)
19.59%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (41)
9.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (132)
29.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise