an experience that still hurts me when i think about it ( with my ex)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
i just got out of a relationship. well it was about 2 monts ago, the relationship was almost a year and i just wanted to share this to see if anyone has ever had this issue, or know what to do to make this stop hurting.

i remember, he wasnt the most affectionate person so id lie and say i wasnt feeling well just to get him to say something nice to me. or whenever i had a problem w him, same way i would say i feel ill to avoid it. this sounds so dumb honestly, i dont know why but it really affects me till this day
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
Hi, I got cheated on about 6 months ago and it affected me really badly. I was in a relationship for almost 2 years and things were going well and then all of a sudden, she decided to cheat with an old friend who had got back in touch with her. This was followed up by lies and continuing to use me and it led me close to suicide but I managed to distract myself, talk to friends and work on myself to pick myself back up. However, I still have moments where the events that took place caused me to no longer trust some people with what they say. For me, I am still taking a break from relationships and trying to get over the hurt it caused. Yours has only been 2 months which is very recent and can take time to get over. Best advice is to stay away from guys and focus on you until you feel better. Distract yourself with things you like or perhaps pick up a new hobby. And remember, if you broke up with him then he wasn't the one and further down the line you will meet someone who suits you and treats you right.
Kk1999
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i just got out of a relationship. well it was about 2 monts ago, the relationship was almost a year and i just wanted to share this to see if anyone has ever had this issue, or know what to do to make this stop hurting.

i remember, he wasnt the most affectionate person so id lie and say i wasnt feeling well just to get him to say something nice to me. or whenever i had a problem w him, same way i would say i feel ill to avoid it. this sounds so dumb honestly, i dont know why but it really affects me till this day
People come and go in your life. You don't need to hold to it. Just move on.

I have gone through such things but I learnt never to stick to the past. Just move on. Cuz it's gonna affect me not the person who's done this to me.

Dont give importance to such thoughts. The more you give the more you manifest the pain... Its gonna make you sick!

Bless you! .
Anonymous #3
Report 4 days ago
Sometimes it's hard to forget bad things that happened to us, it's hard to let go no matter how much we try or how much we want to. It takes a long time to heal sometimes. Just make sure you're not holding onto the pain but it has been recent so it's okay to still hurt
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by Kk1999)
People come and go in your life. You don't need to hold to it. Just move on.

I have gone through such things but I learnt never to stick to the past. Just move on. Cuz it's gonna affect me not the person who's done this to me.

Dont give importance to such thoughts. The more you give the more you manifest the pain... Its gonna make you sick!

Bless you! .
thank u
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Hi, I got cheated on about 6 months ago and it affected me really badly. I was in a relationship for almost 2 years and things were going well and then all of a sudden, she decided to cheat with an old friend who had got back in touch with her. This was followed up by lies and continuing to use me and it led me close to suicide but I managed to distract myself, talk to friends and work on myself to pick myself back up. However, I still have moments where the events that took place caused me to no longer trust some people with what they say. For me, I am still taking a break from relationships and trying to get over the hurt it caused. Yours has only been 2 months which is very recent and can take time to get over. Best advice is to stay away from guys and focus on you until you feel better. Distract yourself with things you like or perhaps pick up a new hobby. And remember, if you broke up with him then he wasn't the one and further down the line you will meet someone who suits you and treats you right.
thank u so much. I hopeyou find someone who treats u how you deserve to be treated because you deserve that
Kk1999
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
thank u
Welcome 😊
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
thank u so much. I hopeyou find someone who treats u how you deserve to be treated because you deserve that
You're welcome. I hope you do too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (54)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (60)
21.51%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (56)
20.07%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (59)
21.15%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
8.96%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
8.96%

Watched Threads