Bathing cats?

Watch
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by tulipkapy)
I know that it isn't great to bathe cats but my kitten needs to be bathed because he is not cleaning himself well enough. Any advice on the best way to do this?
http://meowblog.cats.org.uk/2016/11/...nary-faqs.html
ThuggerThugger
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Pretty sure cats hate water.. could be wrong though but dont they find it frightening?
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If hes not cleaning himself, than somethings probably wrong. I suggest you take him to the vet.

In general though, it really depends on the cat. My kitten always used to crawl in the shower when the water was running- same when washing my hands. It was always apparent that she liked water, so I give her baths ever now and again. Its not really a 'bath' though, since its more of her just playing in the water. Shes a bit rare though, as most cats are not the biggest fans of water :lol:
If your cat seems to not like it, dont force him. It can be extremely stressful for them.
username4222532
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
A little bit of soap and water just warm in a basin in the kitchen sink use your right hand to hold the kitten and wash your kitten with your laft hand just be very gentle then towel dry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you want Freshers' Fairs to work this year?

Completely online (9)
10.98%
A mix of in-person and online options (15)
18.29%
As many in-person events as is safe to do (51)
62.2%
I don't plan on attending a Freshers' Fair (7)
8.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise