social life whilst commuting university of Birmingham

Watch
unistudent_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am planning to go to UOB next year but will have to commute as my parents dont want me living alone just yet. I love to party and go clubbing but I am worried about how commuting will affect my social life and prospects of clubbing as what will I do for overnight accommodation
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by unistudent_)
I am planning to go to UOB next year but will have to commute as my parents dont want me living alone just yet. I love to party and go clubbing but I am worried about how commuting will affect my social life and prospects of clubbing as what will I do for overnight accommodation
Hey unistudent_!

I didn't personally commute, but I know people who did and when they went on nights out, they would just stay at their friends, either on their sofa or on their floor.

A big tip if you are commuting though, is to try and be as sociable with people on our course as possible and try and join societies you have interests in. My closest mates in first-year and people who I spent the most time with, were people I lived with, and I think that's the case for most students. If you don't live in halls you obviously won't have this, but if you're open and sociable you can find these people on your course/through societies/elsewhere!

Hope that helps!

Courtney -- Official Student Rep
ThuggerThugger
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Commuting from where?
unistudent_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)Hey unistudent_!

Hi thank you for the reassurance hopefully this will be the case. I’ve thought about getting cheap hotels overnight like B and B as accommodation for when I go out and will take any commuter friends I make with me 🤗
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by unistudent_)
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)Hey unistudent_!

Hi thank you for the reassurance hopefully this will be the case. I’ve thought about getting cheap hotels overnight like B and B as accommodation for when I go out and will take any commuter friends I make with me 🤗
Hi unistudent_!

That's a great idea I definitely think cheap hotels and maybe even airbnbs would be a great option and you could always split the price with friends who are in the same situation!

Erin - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (4)
11.76%
Confident (6)
17.65%
Indifferent (3)
8.82%
Unsure (10)
29.41%
Worried (11)
32.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise