I'm not good at mental compartmentalisation

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I mean if something is stressing me in one aspect of my life, I dedicate a lot of mental energy on it and waste my day thinking about it. Instead, I would like to put it on the side because thinking about it won't change anything and refocus my mental energy on things that are productive in the moment.

Do you recommend any helpful techniques or have any advice to offer me?
megan_e
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I mean if something is stressing me in one aspect of my life, I dedicate a lot of mental energy on it and waste my day thinking about it. Instead, I would like to put it on the side because thinking about it won't change anything and refocus my mental energy on things that are productive in the moment.

Do you recommend any helpful techniques or have any advice to offer me?
Hi! I think I'm a lot like you in that aspect, i find myself getting very restless and unable to stay still as my thoughts spiral which leads me to feelings of weariness. Its good that you recognise this pattern in your behaviour already, i used to be very unaware of it. I often try to stay in the present moment and file the thought away for later. if you're listening to music, think about what it makes you feel or the changes in tempo or the different instruments that you can hear. I got a lot of the tips from online, most self help articles say the same thing and i find it works well!
wish you the best!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (12)
8.63%
Confident (18)
12.95%
Indifferent (25)
17.99%
Unsure (37)
26.62%
Worried (47)
33.81%

Watched Threads