The Student Room Group

which reactions am I meant to know? AQA spec - MnO4- + Fe2+

I came across a question for the reaction of MnO4- with Fe2+, I've come across this I think with titrations but it this a reaction I should have memorised?
Reply 1
Original post by r22002020
I came across a question for the reaction of MnO4- with Fe2+, I've come across this I think with titrations but it this a reaction I should have memorised?

What was the question exactly?
Original post by Gone245
What was the question exactly?

write the balanced equation for the reaction of Mn04- with Fe2+ and it gave me no products
Reply 3
Original post by r22002020
write the balanced equation for the reaction of Mn04- with Fe2+ and it gave me no products

I think this reaction is one you may have come across if u have studied redox titrations (A2)

(For AS) But as this is a redox reaction, you should know how to write a full redox equation for any redox reaction though I find it odd that u were given no products as they would tell you that Mn04- would turn into mn2+ And fe2+ to fe3+
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Gone245
I think this reaction is one you may have come across if u have studied redox titrations (A2)

(For AS) But as this is a redox reaction, you should know how to write a full redox equation for any redox reaction though I find it odd that u were given no products as they would tell you that Mn04- would turn into mn2+ And fe2+ to fe3+

It was a short question I came across on some Q's I found online. Thank you I will look over redox titrations!

Quick Reply

Latest