raphielassalle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am currently in an international school (french and English), going into Y11 in September, and I will be switching to sixth form in a year's time. In December of this year, I am to pass my IGCSE ( only an English language and literature exam) in school as it is part of my school's exams but I was wondering if it would be prudent of me to also pass my GCSEs as a private candidate to increase my chances of getting into sixth form. Keep in mind, IGCSEs are not very hard as they are only two exams as opposed to GCSEs. I am also dedicated to doing well in my GCSEs if I were to take them and would even study all summer if needed as I know the level of hard work associated with them.
Last edited by raphielassalle; 1 week ago
Daveological
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's completely unnecessary and will probably hurt all of your grades.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'd check with the sixth form(s) you are thinking of moving to whether this would have any benefit.

Since you're abroad you generally can't take GCSEs - you would have to pick more IGCSEs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise