What is the worst thing about being your age?

Watch
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Tags dont work, and she has the 'banned' label
@femaleindress
OP is now banned too.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Everyone expecting you to be a fully fledged adult with an entirely planned future and plans of settling down and starting a family.

:rolleyes:
dalbyc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
im on my final warning
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
OP is now banned too.
That didnt take long...
Wonder if there will be any others. Seems that if it really was a bot, itd be pretty simple to skew the IP address and keep making accounts :dontknow:
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That didnt take long...
Wonder if there will be any others. Seems that if it really was a bot, itd be pretty simple to skew the IP address and keep making accounts :dontknow:
They don't IP ban
kadiatuj0001
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Guys i think @femaleindress is @stephenBC
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
They don't IP ban
I assumed they did, my bad.
Legomenon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TJ1997)
21-picking myself up off the ground after uni and knowing that my responsibilities are only going to increase from here. It's a rock and a hard place feeling of being an adult, but not quite being old enough to understand the realms of the adult world when you still want to enjoy your youth.
22 but same position (did a masters). It does kinda suck knowing that you're just gonna be thrown into the adult world of less freedom and more responsibility. Could hardly get my stuff together at uni haha. That said I'm not too worried about starting work because at least it's still independence and you get to meet a lot of new people, the problem is really the time in between when there's just nothing going on in life for months (damn you covid!). Dw though I'm sure we'll have plenty more opportunities to enjoy our youth outside of work.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My age is not an issue. The worst thing is being in a country led by a man I consider to be a mass killer, and that there are still some people in this country who think he is remotely capable.
dalbyc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
you will die anyways
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I like being my age but dread the future when the boys leave home and I am alone again. If I was in my twenties I would probably try to be more confident or more of a career girl, it’s just that I am not very intelligent.
Karisa96
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Funny how Femaleindress always claimed to be in her mid 20's, seemingly like this new account

But to answer the question, absolutely everything.
Probably just coincidence lol. Xx
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Karisa96)
Probably just coincidence lol. Xx
And a coincidence that the new account joined on the same day the other was banned?
Karisa96
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
And a coincidence that the new account joined on the same day the other was banned?
Sorry a very poor attempt at humour.
Quick-use
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
I like being my age but dread the future when the boys leave home and I am alone again. If I was in my twenties I would probably try to be more confident or more of a career girl, it’s just that I am not very intelligent.
You're such a gem. :love:

Your sons are so, so lucky that you're their mother and I'm sure their love for you is eternal. Even if they do move out, you'll always be their mother and they'll always have you in their mind. :rambo:

And, you're plenty smart; I'd be lucky enough to be at the least bit as smart as you. As linguists, we both understand that languages require lifelong study full of dedication and commitment and because of this it's often easy to lose confidence when facing such a mammoth challenge. Yet, you continue to do so. :rambo: That, in my book, is incredibly admirable and a clear indication of how frighteningly intelligent you are. You inspire many linguists, including myself. :fluffy:

Nevertheless, it sincerely breaks my heart thinking of those people in your past who've torn your confidence down all for the sake of fuelling their own pitiful egos.

You're incredibly smart. I hope that you tell this to yourself more often. :love:
Last edited by Quick-use; 2 weeks ago
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Crikey, Quick-use this is one of the loveliest posts I have ever seen on tsr, and it’s great to know you have so much confidence in me. Elder son has just been made redundant and I am trying to help him, so I need all the strength I can get.

It’s times like this that test your resolve as a mother to the limit, but it has brought my son and I so much closer together.
SnowMiku
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not being a kid but not being able to be an adult or do anything an adult would do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you want Freshers' Fairs to work this year?

Completely online (7)
12.28%
A mix of in-person and online options (8)
14.04%
As many in-person events as is safe to do (36)
63.16%
I don't plan on attending a Freshers' Fair (6)
10.53%

Watched Threads