Want more information about this university?

Lancaster Uni, Townhouse or Regular Halls?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Was just wondering what Lancaster students recommend, thanks for the replies.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Was just wondering what Lancaster students recommend, thanks for the replies.
Hi Anonymous,

I'm a first year student at Lancaster and this year I've been staying in Superior Ensuite accommodation.

I think it really depends what kind of person you are, and what you hope to get out of your living experience. Townhouses are known as being a very sociable type of accommodation, so if you'd like to live with a large group of people, (and wouldn't mind starting socials in your house!), then it's probably for you!

I personally chose Superior Ensuite accommodation because I wanted my own bathroom, which was very important to me. In the townhouses, you'll share a bathroom with another person of the same sex as you, and everyone I know in townhouses has said that it's absolutely fine and not a problem. Also, I know everyone who wasn't in townhouse accommodation was extremely jealous of the large amount of social space!

The factors I'd consider when choosing townhouses over other accommodation are:
-The social factor (you'll be living with a larger group of people, have a larger social living space, etc)
-The cost (townhouses are cheaper than ensuites and Superior Ensuites, and more expensive than standard - find out more here)
-College choice: only Grizedale and County offer townhouses. Would these colleges suit you in terms of their location, ethos, etc?
-Whether or not you're happy to share a bathroom.
-Cleaning: townhouses don't get a cleaner for communal areas, whereas other accommodations do.
-Townhouses have bigger bedrooms due to the lack of shared bathroom (but, similarly, so does Standard Accommodation).

The townhouses are an extremely popular type of accommodation, so it's always worth having a back-up, in case it is oversubscribed. I'd recommend watching Charlotte's videos on the different accommodation types here, to get a feel for the rooms.

If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help!

Maria
1st year English Literature, Creative Writing and Practice (placement year)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.69%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.27%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.92%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (97)
21.85%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.91%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.36%

Watched Threads