Uni Application 2020 Leeds or Manchester

Watch
AlsChipShop
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m currently on my second gap year (20 years old) and have applied for university in September. I really want to study business and marketing preferably at Leeds however I applied to uni of Leeds and got rejected. This lead to me accepting my insurance, uni of Manchester. I needed AAA for my course at Leeds and achieved AAB at A Levels. I’m still undecided about Manchester however at the moment I’m just going because I feel as though I can’t take a 3rd gap year as all my friends are entering final year. I really had my heart set on Leeds as I love the city and was really upset when I was rejected. I have looked and found an alternative course at Uni of Leeds that I would like to apply for which requires AAB but as I said before I already accepted Manchester. So what are my options? Should I try and go through clearing for the original course I was rejected from? Or should I try and go through clearing for the new course? Or cancel my application all together? I don’t know I’m a mess....
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Talk to Leeds. Ask for their advice.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AlsChipShop)
I’m currently on my second gap year (20 years old) and have applied for university in September. I really want to study business and marketing preferably at Leeds however I applied to uni of Leeds and got rejected. This lead to me accepting my insurance, uni of Manchester. I needed AAA for my course at Leeds and achieved AAB at A Levels. I’m still undecided about Manchester however at the moment I’m just going because I feel as though I can’t take a 3rd gap year as all my friends are entering final year. I really had my heart set on Leeds as I love the city and was really upset when I was rejected. I have looked and found an alternative course at Uni of Leeds that I would like to apply for which requires AAB but as I said before I already accepted Manchester. So what are my options? Should I try and go through clearing for the original course I was rejected from? Or should I try and go through clearing for the new course? Or cancel my application all together? I don’t know I’m a mess....
You are in a dither.

I second PQs advice to contact Leeds Admissions and ask if they still have vacancies for the course you are interested in there and if so, how should you apply (could be Extra or Clearing)

https://www.ucas.com/events/last-dat...0-entry-348881
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (0)
0%
Confident (1)
20%
Indifferent (0)
0%
Unsure (2)
40%
Worried (2)
40%

Watched Threads