Are relationships worth it?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I've never been in a relationship. I want to wait until I marry to have one because I know I'll regret it if I was to start having relationships now but is a relationship even worth it? I know there are decent guys and not so decent guys but if I met a decent one, would it be worth getting into a relationship? Or are they overrated?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've never been in a relationship. I want to wait until I marry to have one because I know I'll regret it if I was to start having relationships now but is a relationship even worth it? I know there are decent guys and not so decent guys but if I met a decent one, would it be worth getting into a relationship? Or are they overrated?
In order to have a successful marriage, you'll almost definitely need to get to know the person and have a relationship with them beforehand.

Relationships are worth it in my opinion. You learn more about yourself, you grow and change with the other person, you can push yourself out of your comfort zone because you have someone there to support and encourage you. You always have someone to vent to, to help you through tricky times but also to celebrate the good things that happen and share excitement with.
nathan1403
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Of course you shouldn't get into a relationship for the sake of being in a one, but if you meet a decent guy you like then why not?

I recently went through a break-up and even though it hurts now, I'm glad that relationship happened. I've grown a lot as a person and we had lots of happy times together. Definitely worth it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (56)
19.18%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (63)
21.58%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
19.86%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (63)
21.58%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (26)
8.9%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
8.9%

Watched Threads