Sadz_x
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi all,

So I was wondering if my boyfriend can be my guarantor? I am an estranged student and I tried to use UkGuarantor but they for some reason couldn’t issue me some guarantor certificate and I was refunded my £320 payment (without any updates or anything). I was just wondering, my boyfriend is 20 however turns 21 on the 12th July, he has recently started working full time at a warehouse and has recently started renting a property. Would he be able to be my guarantor as I am running out of options thanks to UKGuarantor randomly pulling out last minute. I’m wanting to stay at private student halls you see and I’m not sure what their guarantor criteria is

Regards X
Student Roost - Southampton
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Sadz_x)
Hi all,

So I was wondering if my boyfriend can be my guarantor? I am an estranged student and I tried to use UkGuarantor but they for some reason couldn’t issue me some guarantor certificate and I was refunded my £320 payment (without any updates or anything). I was just wondering, my boyfriend is 20 however turns 21 on the 12th July, he has recently started working full time at a warehouse and has recently started renting a property. Would he be able to be my guarantor as I am running out of options thanks to UKGuarantor randomly pulling out last minute. I’m wanting to stay at private student halls you see and I’m not sure what their guarantor criteria is

Regards X
Hello Sadz_x,

If you are looking to book with private student accommodation then the best thing to do is to give them a quick ring and ask them directly as guarantor policies can vary from company to company.

Usually a guarantor has to be someone over 18, with stable income and good credit history. If you do not have any other options, I believe it is definitely worth checking whether he would be accepted or not.

Let us know if you have any further questions. -K
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (56)
19.31%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (63)
21.72%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
20%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (62)
21.38%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (26)
8.97%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
8.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed