19 years old - “considerable gap in education”

Watch
15pfreds
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone,

I will soon start an access to higher education course in law planning to go into law llb at university.

I was checking the requirements that universities have for accepting access to higher education courses and some say you must have a “considerable” gap in education to be considered.

Is being absent from education from the ages 16-18 considered considerable ? Will they accept me ?

Please help

Thanks
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 15pfreds)
Hi everyone,

I will soon start an access to higher education course in law planning to go into law llb at university.

I was checking the requirements that universities have for accepting access to higher education courses and some say you must have a “considerable” gap in education to be considered.

Is being absent from education from the ages 16-18 considered considerable ? Will they accept me ?

Please help

Thanks
It’s really up to each Uni to determine what an acceptable gap is to them. You would need to check with anywhere that states this before applying.

Access to HE programmes are meant for returners to study. I suspect this requirement is so that people don’t use an Access programme to get around poor AL grades, IE. they should be retaking AL’s rather than taking an Access course shortly after.

If you did not take AL’s at all, then you may be fine, but it’s up to the uni’s to decide.
paulastamp
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by 15pfreds)
Hi everyone,

Please help

Thanks
I've never heard of that before... I would have thought that if Access courses fulfil the university's entry requirements - then why would it matter if you've had a gap in studying or not? If you apply through UCAS it all about the points awarded anyway isn't it? I'd ring the admissions team of the uni that you're hoping to go to and ask them to clarify.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (71)
19.03%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.38%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.23%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.91%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.46%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
10.99%

Watched Threads