I want to study gcse courses but I’m confused

Watch
SalehAlmoqpel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I studied year 9 and 10 at Kenton School in Newcastle, but I didn’t study year 11 in Britain , I studied a secondary year but not equivalent to year 11 in Saudi, after that I studied two years of functional skills courses at Newcastle college (ESOL) and they don’t qualify me to anything, even to gcse courses. So I will study gcse courses next year at Newcastle college, but before that, I want to know how many GCSE’s I need to study to go to a level? Because next year is my last year in Britain and I’m willing to go to Saudi after next year. And I want to study an education year that qualify me to university so what is the solution and what is my best option?
I have a question as well, and it’s.. in Saudi Arabia an equivalent to the GCSEs qualify you to university. But the GCSEs in Britain doesn’t qualify to university. So I don’t know what to study to qualify myself by a certificate to university. I mean the university in Saudi is 4 years and in th U.K. it’s 3 years. And there is a foundation year in the first year. Is a foundation degree equivalent to a level or not? Because the first university year in Saudi is an equivalent to a foundation degree in the U.K. and if the GCSEs do qualify to foundation or a level how many GCSEs do I need to take or study to qualify to foundation degree or a level? Because I will study the GCSEs as courses not as in year 11 and as a late student because I’m 19 and that will be at Newcastle college.
medic223
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
A usual A level student will have maybe 8 or 9 GCSEs. However the number of GCSEs and the grade requirements differ for every college. Try and have a look on your college website to see what the requirements are. Having GCSEs does not allow you to go to university even for a foundation degree. You must have A levels or B-TECs to go to university. I am not so sure about how B-TECs work as I do A-levels but you should talk to someone in your college about it and I'm sure they will know the questions to all of your answers. Also, what kind of unis are you wanting to go to? As the good ones almost all require 3 A levels and do not accept B-TECs. If you are 19 GCSEs will be very easy, so you won't have any trouble with that. It is just a question of whether you want to go to university in the UK or Saudi Arabia I suppose.

To answer your first question you would need to take Maths, English language and then around 5 - 10 other subjects depending on the applicant. But for the A level requirements they are entirely dependent on the college you will be studying them at, so you must contact or research what college you are going to and directly ask them about this, as no-one on here will be able to give you an answer.

I hope that helped; my point is you are asking the right questions in the wrong place, I wish you well in future endeavours.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you want Freshers' Fairs to work this year?

Completely online (13)
11.82%
A mix of in-person and online options (23)
20.91%
As many in-person events as is safe to do (64)
58.18%
I don't plan on attending a Freshers' Fair (10)
9.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise