The Student Room Group

Texting First

Okay so I am the kind of girl that doesn’t like to text a guy first or anyone really. Is that okay? Is that a problem? Should I stop? Because it is probably why I don’t have a lot of friends.
Reply 1
I usually text first, I think it's a good thing to do, but I don't hold it against anyone if they don't. The worst thing is probably when people don't text back though.
Reply 2
Sometimes it’s best to just bite the bullet and go for it. What if your friend/ whoever you want to text is exactly the same? You’re both waiting for someone to take the first step and send a message. Even if it’s just a quick message to say hi and how are you getting on, it could make someone’s day. You don’t have to do it all the time but a little effort can be huge in friendships/ relationships. Worst case scenario, you don’t get a reply. You’ve lost absolutely nothing and don’t have to do it again. Just because one person may not reply, it doesn’t mean everyone won’t.
Reply 3
it’s not that deep, if you want to talk to somebody, text them. if you don’t, then carry on what you’re doing and don’t text them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending