Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I just feel so done

I hate myself in so many ways and i dont know, i feel like everyday is the same boring stuff. I just feel so low and sad all the time and dont feel like i can speak to anyone.

Like people have their own problems and i feel asif if i drop mine on them its just selfish. Ive always had that mind set and i tried opening up once but just didnt in the end.

I feel so selfish and dumb for feeling like this, ive got a loving family and all. Like people are in such worse situations then me and here i am sat writing some dumb post on a fourm.

I dont know, ive pushed away all my friends because i never messaged them and stuff and stopped going out to see them. The only people i speak to are people online.

Life just seems so pointless you know. Like i feel like im never going to achieve anything or be a somebody if that makes sense.

I have no motivation for anything anymore, most nights i lay in bed listening to music and then cry myself to sleep, sounds like im a bit of a pussy but its true so.

Anyone got any advice on how i could feel more fullfilled with being alive?

Anyway just guess i wanted to get my emotions off my chest, dont know if anyone will read it. Ah well
GabiAbi84
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Firstly, just because other people have problems which may or may not be “worse” than your own does Not mean your own issues don’t exist.
Nor does it make you selfish for feeling this way.
And just because you have a loving family doesn’t mean that you don’t feel the way you’re feeling.

Have you tried talking to them, or one of them about how you’re feeling?
Is it a long term thing or has it just started?

Pushing friends away is easily done when you feel like this but, if they’re good friends, it’s also something that can be remedied with a text. It doesn’t mean you have to go out partying but it could do you good to not be so isolated.

When you say you have no motivation is that because you have nothing To do or that there is nothing you Want to do?

Depression effects so many people in so many different ways that there’s not really a one size fits all to cure or even help. For some it’s therapy, for others medication, some need to make a change in their life or talk it through with a trusted friend. The one thing they they have in common is that it’s not done alone, and it’s not done in a day.
shebk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm sorry to hear that.
How old are you?
You'd better try to share your feelings with your friends and family.
Do you have bf/gf?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Firstly, just because other people have problems which may or may not be “worse” than your own does Not mean your own issues don’t exist.
Nor does it make you selfish for feeling this way.
And just because you have a loving family doesn’t mean that you don’t feel the way you’re feeling.

Have you tried talking to them, or one of them about how you’re feeling?
Is it a long term thing or has it just started?

Pushing friends away is easily done when you feel like this but, if they’re good friends, it’s also something that can be remedied with a text. It doesn’t mean you have to go out partying but it could do you good to not be so isolated.

When you say you have no motivation is that because you have nothing To do or that there is nothing you Want to do?

Depression effects so many people in so many different ways that there’s not really a one size fits all to cure or even help. For some it’s therapy, for others medication, some need to make a change in their life or talk it through with a trusted friend. The one thing they they have in common is that it’s not done alone, and it’s not done in a day.
Ive been feeling like this for about 2 years on and off, this year its just got worse.

And like id love to try and speak to them and stuff but its been so long since i actually have and it sounds dumb but i feel worried about even sending the message, i over think every aspect of my life.

And i feel un motivated because i dont enjoy doing anything, i used to love playing games, watching stuff, etc. But now it all feels boring to me.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by shebk)
I'm sorry to hear that.
How old are you?
You'd better try to share your feelings with your friends and family.
Do you have bf/gf?
Im 18, male.

I want to but i can man up to do it, when im about to i give up And dont end up following through, ive managed to finnaly open up to one of my friends i speak to everyday who lives kinda far, but its just not really the same as in person if you get where im im com from.

And no, last relationship was awful and ive not even tried again for the last 2 years.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you getting support for this - have you spoken to a GP?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MidgetFever)
Are you getting support for this - have you spoken to a GP?
I was thinking about possibly going to my gp gp that was before the corona virus hit, all the gos are currently going through phone so they aren't much help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (84)
18.67%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (91)
20.22%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.67%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (99)
22%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.78%
I haven't started researching yet (48)
10.67%

Watched Threads