Can you find love in Tinder?

Watch
Binibini
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Is using a dating app to find love pathetic?

okay..those are two diff questions lol
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I wouldnt say so. Plenty of people meet their partners these days on apps/sites. Much more efficient than creepy pick up lines in a bar any way.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sadly too many people seem to rely on apps/sites. My understanding is that Tinder is more for casual relationships than some of the other sites.
Efraem
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A filipina?
jaz_x001
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think you can find love on tinder and other dating apps. However, it can be like finding a needle in a haystack considering the amount of people who are on tinder just looking for a hook up :rolleyes: And I wouldn't consider it pathetic. You do you!
TheStarboy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Needle in a haystack. That's the best way to describe Tinder. It's actually so difficult to find a relationship on that site. Half the people are looking for hookups. Good luck if you're not though
ShybutHi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's not impossible from Tinder I'd imagine, but most on there are either fake profiles or someone looking for a one-time sweaty romance

I wouldn't say dating online in general is pathetic at all... I know quite a few people who have used it. My half-brother did so and he found his wife, now they have kids together!
mnaureen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Binibini)

I don’t think it’s about finding love because love is probably the last step in that process. Dating apps are for you to find a person you would like to go out with. If you are genuinely looking for someone for a long run then it’s possible if you simply put in out there on your profile because mostly everyone uses these apps for casual hookups. So, yes! You can find love on dating apps but you need to put it out there that you are only interested in a relationship and who knows, you might just find the right person 💁🏻*♀️
Ilovebeef19
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Nah it's possible. Personally I haven't but my friend has and they've been with their girlfriend for near enough 7 months. It's just the luck of the draw I'm afraid, just like dating in the real world.
Second_Beauty
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Nothing wrong with using dating sites however tinder has become more of a hookup setting. The chances of finding love there is low. Try other dating apps like bumble.

Some people may think you’re pathetic or desperate for using a dating site but in reality, some people struggle with social anxiety or experience in talking to people romantically. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it and you can keep it 100% private to you that you’re on there. The only way someone will know that you’re on there is if they’re on there themselves 😊
drweedyyy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think that's a great app to have some sex.And that's nice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (84)
18.63%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (91)
20.18%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.63%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (99)
21.95%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (45)
9.98%
I haven't started researching yet (48)
10.64%

Watched Threads