Physics1872
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
To anyone who did Edexcel A level further maths last year, what resources did you use? Should I still do FP1/2/3 exams? Or are there other resources that I should use? Any help is appreciated.
Azzer02
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m studying it this year via the edexcel books. I feel that my choice of modules depends on what my intentions of learning are.

The fp1 and fp2 books are big study areas whereas the fm1/fs1 book is less than 150 pages - so to pass the a level - all fp modules would not be the easiest route.

The fp modules do have things that I’m interested in such as comic sections, mobius transforms, group ring descrete math etc. So I will learn this as my intention is to learn for university rather than the exam.

As a general point, the questions for fm in those books at least change emphasis from ‘here is a method please use it’ to ‘logically reason your way to x using all you know’.
ayumie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can choose modules- I couldn't, but I'm enjoying Further Statistics a lot. It's much easier than expected but it's genuinely pretty cool. Decision Maths is also good if you did Computer Science GCSE- there's a whole chapter on Algorithms and Sorts which we did in CompSci. FS is also a really small topic, which surprised me.

For resources- I'd recommend the Pearson Edexcel textbooks, I got mine from Amazon but there's loads on depop, ebay and stuff for cheaper prices. Other than that - examsolutions and physicsandmathstutor.com have good resources too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (2)
8.33%
Confident (6)
25%
Indifferent (1)
4.17%
Unsure (9)
37.5%
Worried (6)
25%

Watched Threads