It baffles me how year 9s can get grades 8/9

Watch
Claydo66
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
The max grade I could get in year 9 was probably around a 6. I had no understanding of how the grade system worked and struggled to comprehend getting a grade 9 never mind actually getting one. Is it a case of stricter teaching in private schools? Or is it parents pushing their kids to do well or self discipline?
It struggled to get these grades in year 11, never mind in year 9. What do you think of this?
EnglishNOOb101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Maybe the students just understand the topics really well, or even learn ahead and do extra revision
becausethenight
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Clever kids who’re in private schools (as I don’t know any state schools that do early GCSEs, but quite a few private schools do and teach accordingly, plus the whole prep -> private system teaches more content faster for the 13+ exams).
Chocolatecakexx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm in year 9 I chose my GCSE in year 8 my school is a sh*ithole but they make up for it by giving us oppertunities-a good grade would be a 8 for me a bad one would be a 5 although Maths I;m sh*t.And my school never listen to us,teachers are cows and so are the students

Spoiler:
Show
finished my rant
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you want Freshers' Fairs to work this year?

Completely online (9)
12%
A mix of in-person and online options (14)
18.67%
As many in-person events as is safe to do (45)
60%
I don't plan on attending a Freshers' Fair (7)
9.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise