Job Centre Pressure to push people back to work

Watch
charmaine45th
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have been in receipt of Universal Credit for just 2 months and already have recieved increased pressure to return to work. The officier trys to cover the fact he is not pressuring me but yet has arranged National Careers to call me and arrange an appointment. I have over 20 years work experience ( with a few gaps in between). The last role i worked in Corporate. They have me down as willing to take jobs as a cleaner which they had been desperate to keep me in. Whilst on the phone to the officier i expressed my concerns as he was typing away trying to build a case against me - no doubt. They say they are not pressuring Job seekers , but the line of questionings are very
regimental.

I have been applying for work religously way before claiming for Universal Credit and have remained to , but have been constantly recieving rejections. They claim it may be something to do with my CV and i may need help. I used a professional CV business who created my CV which has helped me obtained work over the years. The rejections i have been recieving i feel has to do with an ex employer who has blackballed my name. Universal credit instead would not help with looking into this and advised they cannot find work for me or look into it , but yet pressure me into removing all my accomplished skills to accept cleaning work..

Has anyone experienced this or am i the one that has been targetted? meanwhile neighbours of mine has been on job seekers for years and years.

I do not want to remain on Universal Credit. I love to work but find it hard because of being blackbailed. I have applied for over 300 jobs in a period of 6 months and have recieved back to back rejections. Even in roles i have extensive experience in. When i make calls to the employers for a follow up, when they ask who i am , i am immediately met with " Oh the role has gone", yet on the job site it is shown as still available.

At times i fail to recieve responses to my application.
Last edited by charmaine45th; 1 year ago
Kogomogo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Jobseekers don't care about you or your career, they just want to tick boxes and get you off it as soon as possible. It's stupid because in the long run it'd be better to find someone a good, long term, stable job so they can be self sufficient for life rather than a crappy job where they'll be supplementing income with benefits for the rest of their life or back on jobseekers again after a short time.
charmaine45th
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Kogomogo)
Jobseekers don't care about you or your career, they just want to tick boxes and get you off it as soon as possible. It's stupid because in the long run it'd be better to find someone a good, long term, stable job so they can be self sufficient for life rather than a crappy job where they'll be supplementing income with benefits for the rest of their life or back on jobseekers again after a short time.
Exactly my point!. My Officier kept saying "We are not pressuring people to find work at this time" but his actions were different within minutes of the call with him ended, i was contacted by National Careers.. If i feel into his trap (of what he said initally) , it will have been used against me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
22.67%
Excited but a bit nervous (146)
45.34%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.8%
I'm really nervous (65)
20.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed