The Student Room Group

Latin A level set text

Hey guys, is anyone doing A level latin and doing Cicero Philippics or the Aeneid book 11 for their set text? I have no idea how to learn it and was just wondering about how other people have been finding it?
Original post by coolicicle2
Hey guys, is anyone doing A level latin and doing Cicero Philippics or the Aeneid book 11 for their set text? I have no idea how to learn it and was just wondering about how other people have been finding it?

I’m doing one the same!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Mayataylor
I’m doing the exact same!

How are you learning it because I have nooo idea lol. I feel like the Cicero is so much easier to learn than the Aeneid.
Original post by coolicicle2
How are you learning it because I have nooo idea lol. I feel like the Cicero is so much easier to learn than the Aeneid.

I memorise it really lol and just read it out.
(edited 3 years ago)
Yeah I'm doing Aeneid! My main tactic for learning is to make a table with latin on one side and the english on the other, and highlight the corresponding words in each language in the same colour. If you don't know what I mean, watch the videos on youtube by the latin tutor - she does it with GCSE texts, but its the same concept adn that's where i learned the technique from :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest