Relationship trouble

Watch
shibbyteating
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Morning guys

Sorry if this is the wrong place.

I have been seeing somebody now for over a year. She is quite a bit older than me with children. Also she lives quite a distance away from me which means I can really only see her around three times a week.

I currently have a lot of issues in my life And my family also have there own issues at the moment, so I have not told my family about this relationship. This is mainly because I do not feel they would approve and I just wouldn’t really feel comfortable discussing it with them. I also feel this would cause more stress. I am close with my family so it feels wrong but feel this is the best way I could have handled it. I have previously lied to them and simply said I’m seeing friends.

My question is am I wrong for doing this? And if so what is the general consensus.

Thanks.
babyshark
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I don’t think it’s a bad thing. You have your reasons to keep it from them, and at the end of the day you need to protect your relationship and yourself first. I think overtime as your situation improves you should start to introduce your family and if they don’t approve, then that’s on them. As long as you’re happy, I don’t see the problem!

Good luck
shibbyteating
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Thank you. Just hard I suppose.
babyshark
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by shibbyteating)
Thank you. Just hard I suppose.
Yes, that’s totally understandable! At the end of the day, I don’t know you or your situation. Do whatever you feel is best for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (56)
19.18%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (63)
21.58%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
19.86%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (63)
21.58%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (26)
8.9%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
8.9%

Watched Threads