Can you challenge an application outcome?

Watch
hollyoaks678
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Or if you get rejected can you email asking them to re consider your application? ( for masters) not ucas
fprischi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Did they tell you why you got rejected or what was wrong with your application?
hollyoaks678
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by fprischi)
Did they tell you why you got rejected or what was wrong with your application?
No I did originally ask for feedback but they just said they thought I would find the course really “ challenging” bit patronising really especially considering I did meet the requirements. Guess there’s competition for places tho
fprischi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
That's very patronising. I got to ask, which University is that?
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by hollyoaks678)
Or if you get rejected can you email asking them to re consider your application? ( for masters) not ucas
Most uni's will not reconsider an application unless you can demonstrate that their admissions procedure has not be followed correctly. IE. if it was an academic decision, then no, they will not reconsider you.

You can ask for more specific feedback if you felt that you met the academic requirements of the course, (but bear in mind that does not guarantee an offer).
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I mean yes and no. I think there's one thing being borderline accepted (which I was and successfully appealed my undergrad rejection) and there's another to say you would find the course challenging.

I would request more detailed feedback, move on and learn from the feedback provided to get onto a different course.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by hollyoaks678)
What admit one said. They have to have done something wrong in regards procedure, the law or their own rules. You can then make a complaint.
If its just that they thought others had a stronger application then you cant challenge that. If its because you were black or done contrary to their own rules then you could challenge that. Best you can do is ask for feedback, but theres no reason they have to give or be helpful.

Meeting their requirements is meeting the min requirements to be considered.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
18.82%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.28%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.97%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.48%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
11.02%

Watched Threads