Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kam_007)
    general rule of thumb...if it costs money in the shops, and your getting it for free, its illegal!!
    Does the same apply to sex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharp910sh)
    Uploading copyrighted material then. Happy?
    Ecstatic. Really.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who believes that downloading copyrighted material is legal is either ignorant, stupid or in denial

Obviously uploading is seen as a greater crime than downloading - but both are punishable by the law, and no matter how much you protest you'll still get fined (or worse) if you ever get caught

ReputationRep:
    Is using Firefox or internet explorer illegal? You can use these progs to download things that you should be paying for...

BTW anyone here gotten a letter from there ISP saying you've been d/l something which you shouldn't of..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squid)
    haha :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Only if you are stupid enough to use a well known public tracker. Using private trackers are much safer.
    Know any you can get me into?

HYPOTHETICALLY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spotty Dog)
    a. If I downloaded the Tings Tings album, this is illegal. THus, downloading can be illegal.
    b. If I uploaded one of my own peices of artwork, this would not be illegal. Thus, uploading can be legal.

Either get your facts right, or make your posts clear.
    Given the context of the thread, I think your inability to gain clarity from the post says more about you than it does about the poster...

ReputationRep:
    if you want to download torrents don't use utorrent or bittorrent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mush)
    Given the context of the thread, I think your inability to gain clarity from the post says more about you than it does about the poster...
    I was being pedantic. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Only if you are stupid enough to use a well known public tracker. Using private trackers are much safer.
    Not unless the bad guys set up the private tracker, or register with one and start tracking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spotty Dog)
    I was being pedantic. :rolleyes:
    I know. Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mush)
    I know. Why?
    Why not?

(See, there I go again.. It's like a complusion! :woo: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by General Mullet)
    if you want to download torrents don't use utorrent or bittorrent
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Know any you can get me into?

HYPOTHETICALLY
    Three I think. They are, unfortunately, very exclusive because of the user limit for each tracker. This means that people end up banging on about joining the very elite trackers as if it means everything to them. I have a friend who thinks the world of TPB, oh boy. Suppose he's not seen much better so doesn't know.

ReputationRep:
    I download loads of films from a site and I've never had a warning from Virgin.

ReputationRep:
    depends really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi206)
    Not unless the bad guys set up the private tracker, or register with one and start tracking
    Would that not be entrapment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi206)
    Would be dodgy for them to start one up as they would have to watch every single file being uploaded as they may be held responsible for failing to control copyright violations as Youtube has been accused of. Registering with one is fine though they might be forced to download files if it is a very competitive tracker or a small one, otherwise it is better off with an active member.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DirtyHarry)
    I download loads of films from a site and I've never had a warning from Virgin.
    You might not because you give them money for this access. Nobody would want a 20Mb service from them just to browse the web and email. The most you need for this is only 1Mb I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squid)
    lol in your case...probably!!:p: :p: :woo:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 27, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.