roro_xo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,
I'm currently in year 12 studying English Lit, Art and Maths A level and was wondering if the following is going to help my application if i mention this.
So I came to the Uk in 2014, without knowing english and learnt the language within 5 months, achieved good GCSE results and am predicted AAB for my university predictions. I want to study law at University and was wondering whether including this will benefit me. Thank you very much!
thatbadstudent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No need to mention your GCSE results or predicted grades in your personal statement as they are already on your application, but saying that you learnt English quickly is definitely something to mention as long as you link it back to why they should take you on to study with them.
roro_xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by thatbadstudent)
No need to mention your GCSE results or predicted grades in your personal statement as they are already on your application, but saying that you learnt English quickly is definitely something to mention as long as you link it back to why they should take you on to study with them.
Thank you!
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you want this to be mentioned, I would ask your teacher to put this in your reference but honestly it doesnt really benefit you much tbh since you did well academically but it is impressive
roro_xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
If you want this to be mentioned, I would ask your teacher to put this in your reference but honestly it doesnt really benefit you much tbh since you did well academically but it is impressive
Thank you!
robertgallacher
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's certainly impressive, and I congratulate you for your achievements, but extend upon it - perhaps by saying how this is evidence of your hard-work and dedication to learning, adaptability, etc.

Bonus points if you could directly link it to your university choices.
roro_xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by robertgallacher)
It's certainly impressive, and I congratulate you for your achievements, but extend upon it - perhaps by saying how this is evidence of your hard-work and dedication to learning, adaptability, etc.

Bonus points if you could directly link it to your university choices.
Thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (76)
18.63%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (82)
20.1%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (78)
19.12%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (89)
21.81%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (41)
10.05%
I haven't started researching yet (42)
10.29%

Watched Threads