The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I really hope that economics is not full.

have my enrollment this Wednesday

so would

Business ICT Biology psychology and/or Economics

be good
Reply 21
Maths / Computing / Economics / Physics.
Reply 22
I got a C for Maths in gcse and took AS-Level Economics and got a C. I am now going to take it for A2. to me there really is no hard maths and everything is though AND everything you need to do can be done on a calculator, and (alteast with AQA) you can use a calculator in the exams. 90% of the exam is still written theory not maths relate.
Reply 23
manzi905
I got a C for Maths in gcse and took AS-Level Economics and got a C. I am now going to take it for A2. to me there really is no hard maths and everything is though AND everything you need to do can be done on a calculator, and (alteast with AQA) you can use a calculator in the exams. 90% of the exam is still written theory not maths relate.

thanks for the input my mind is really swaying towards

ICT business economics Psychology or science related subject
Reply 24
I think you should start by changing ICT to Computing because, it's not known as a really easy A-level (compared to ICT anyway), you should be fine with programming languages if you have an interest in the subject.

Chemistry/Physics/Economics would slot in nicely, however I would think Maths is worth a shot as well. I got a D at GCSE and got a B at A-Level for it, just be prepared to work hard thats all I can say lol
Reply 25
if you want 4 easy As then by all means do ICT business economics Psychology but it wont impress any unis if you got 4 A's in weak subjects
Reply 26
well just keep posting I'll eventually come to a decision.

BTW i will most likely be applying for Aston business uni when the time comes.

as it is walking distance from my house
Reply 27
Gallium
As you can see i'm not good with thread titles.

and yes i am new you can probably see that with my 1 newbie post count.

Well as you know the nation just got their gcse results.

i did pretty good but now i have to choose my as levels

I really want to do business and Ict but i am struggling to find what subjects would work along side with them.

if its any help my gcse results are below:

a* ICT
A Science
A in religious education
A in business studies
A media studies
B Pe
B English lit
c English language
c maths
c geography (Was predicted an A but had to do foundation due to not having a teacher for 1 year)

I was thinking of doing computing but i don't even know how to code in java and c++ and other computer languages

From the thread title, I would have said maths, but I think you'd need mroe than a C to be able to cope with it. I tried an AS equivalent of Maths for a year, but crashed an burned - it's really quite difficult if you'r enot mathematically minded.

Are you aiming to go to university after A Levels, or straight into work?

If uni, what sort? Because some I think don't require 3 A Levels, but a certain number of UCAS points instead. If you were looking at doign something like that, then you could just make up the points with something like General Studies and I *think* you get ucas point form Young Enterprise, but I'm not sure about that.
Maybe you could think about taking a gcse language? Languages tie in very well with business, and obviously from a gcse you won't exactly be fluent, but you may fidn that you enjoy it, and continue it later on to get to a level where you show you've made an effort. (Which, imo at least, can be quite important sometimes) .

Or what about a Btec in Business studies? I know a couple of peopel who have taken it, and they quite enjoyed it.

If you want tot ake 3 A Levels, then as you already have bussines and ICT, you won't really need a 3rd that's directyl realted. I don't think it's necessary. However, if you choose, you could always take something like Finance studies, or Accounting if you want.

Of course - Economics. I forgot about that. Obviously, that would tie in very well.

Which of your gcses did you enjoy? Maybe you could just take that?
Reply 28
Gallium

seems that we were posting at the same time and missed what i said.

I didn't really enjoy much subjects in shcool well i really enjoyed my second yr of science.

I don't fancy taking a BTEC as i think i am more academically able and A levels seem to have alot of job opportunities

O yh i will also be taking gen studies as it is standard in my college
Reply 29
Nice I'm at Aston as well just got a 2.1 for Computer Science, and doing an Msc Accounting and Finance. You will love aston trust me lol.

Accounting A-level would be good as well

Gallium

Gallium
Dam Ok

so i have Business ICT and psychology

no i need one more

anything to do with maths is out the window

includes physics

I am also not a fan at english

RS, a language, Biology?
your a levels dont all have to match! i did chem and bio, and then chose history because i loved it! make sure you enjoy your subjects. most uni offers will ask for one specific subject, maybe two but not 3.
lucasm
if you want 4 easy As then by all means do ICT business economics Psychology but it wont impress any unis if you got 4 A's in weak subjects

You must be doing English exam boards as an AS/A2 in CIE Psychology is not easy my friend nor is edexcel int Ict
economics && a language. economics because it's got a lot to do with the business worl, and a language because it gives you such an advantage in that kind of career :smile:

x
economics would go well with ict and business studies.
Reply 35
economics would help a lot in business studies and i'm sure would help for uni if you continue business! its a very useful subject, not only for further education but for the real world, when you're working etc..
I Did Business And Ict And I Choose To Do It With Art =) And Now Im Going Aston Uni Sooo It Wasnt That Bad Of A Choice 2bh. But Art Was **** So Purely On That Basis Dont Doo Art Lol.
Reply 37
BTW Economics and Goegraphy go well together (just ask your teachers) and they are both more traditional and respected subjects. I got an A* for geog at gcse and B at AS level (didnt revise too much). If i were you go with Economics, geography, business and ict as business and ict go well togther.
Plato123
Maths / Computing / Economics / Physics.

thats good but only for banking and couputering
Reply 39
I'm doing Business and ICT at the moment.

I wanted to do Economics, but my school didn't offer it, so I choose Geog as the human modules are kind of economic based.

I also wanted to do math, but couldn't due to timetabling issues :frown:

Latest