The Student Room Group

ATAS delay 2020

Hi everyone. I applied for an ATAS for my PhD course on 02/06 but still haven't received any reply. I wrote to [email protected] but according to other forums, they wouldn't reply to me. And the problem is that when I submitted my application, I haven't received any confirmations to my email address. I understand that due to COVID there might be delays, but anyone else is facing this problem as well? If yes, how did you solve it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, even I had applied on the 2nd of June and did not receive any confirmation email. Not sure if they send one to be honest. Please let me know if you hear anything to the contrary or get the certificate.
The ATAS don’t send confirmation emails anymore. I didn’t receive it either. I applied in early March and still waiting for the result.
Reply 3
Original post by Mbradyy1
Hey, even I had applied on the 2nd of June and did not receive any confirmation email. Not sure if they send one to be honest. Please let me know if you hear anything to the contrary or get the certificate.

Hi, thank you for reply! I wrote an email to atas and they send me this:
"Separate to the above incident, some students have reported not receiving confirmation mails when submitting ATAS applications. Note that content may occasionally be blocked by your provider and that the ATAS online application system usually receives these applications."
So I just wanted to be sure that I am definatley not alone without confirmation :smile:
I also contacted my Uni's Student Administration, they told me that they will be in contact with Home Office on my behalf, let's see how it will go.
applied on 6th June but still waiting for result.
Reply 5
I've got it today! I think that happens mostly because I asked my Uni to contact with ATAS service, that's definitely speeded up the process :wink:
when was your decision date ?
Reply 7
Original post by sanidhay21
when was your decision date ?

It was 30/06/2020
Reply 8
Hello all, Pls my decision date is 1st July 2020 but not yet received my clearance certificate. Any hope
Original post by Shoyemi
Hello all, Pls my decision date is 1st July 2020 but not yet received my clearance certificate. Any hope

me to waiting for result my decision date was 3 rd July
my decision date was 03 July also: If someone receives it after delay, please write here
Reply 11
Did you get the confirmation mail when submitted?
Reply 12
No, i didn't get any confirmation mail. only gave an estimated decision date on their website.
Reply 13
the same; the estimated decision date was 03 July 2020, I'm waiting for the result.
Reply 14
I applied for ATAS on 2nd of June and estimated date was the 1st of July. Till now no news nothing. I asked my university to contact them.Weird thing is that my classmates who applied later than me already got their certificate
Reply 15
is your own PhD or master?

also, for your classmates, is it PhD or master's?
Reply 16
Original post by Shoyemi
is your own PhD or master?

also, for your classmates, is it PhD or master's?

For masters ( for me and my classmates)
Reply 17
Ok, mine is PhD.

has your school contacted ATAS?
Reply 18
Original post by Shoyemi
Ok, mine is PhD.

has your school contacted ATAS?

Yeah they did, but they cant confirm whether ATAS will answer them or not and they also advised me not to make a new application
Reply 19
That's serious. did you or your classmates receive any confirmation email after successful submission?

Latest