Linz83
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, my family are looking to re-book our cancelled holiday from this year to next. My question is, does uni finish on the last day of exams or is there still lots of assignments to do? Thank you
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Linz83)
Hi, my family are looking to re-book our cancelled holiday from this year to next. My question is, does uni finish on the last day of exams or is there still lots of assignments to do? Thank you
It'll depend on the university and course. Contact your department to get the most accurate answer.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey Linz83!

The exam period should be the last part of the year and after this is finished you will be free
But its good to bare in mind that retakes may need to be done, so take a look at the retake period times too - just to be sure you're not booking a holiday at this time

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
martin7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There's normally a short period -- maybe a week or so -- between the end of the exam period and the end of term. And of course, your exams might well be finished before the end of the exam period.

But it's still term-time, and there's an expectation you'll be available for academic activities. Maybe there will be some preparatory sessions for modules in the following year. And things might come up from your exams: for example, if your paper is illegible you might be asked to help decipher it; if you've failed exams, you might be called in to have a discussion with your personal tutor.

So, it's best to check with your department; don't just assume you can leave as soon as your last exam is over.
Linz83
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (56)
9.02%
Confident (81)
13.04%
Indifferent (89)
14.33%
Unsure (159)
25.6%
Worried (236)
38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise