Amy275
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I was wondering if anybody has any tips in regards to doing online classes. I’m the only girl in a class full of boys who I’m not really friends with. It sounds silly but I already get anxious with having real classes with them but online makes it 10x worse for some strange reason. If anybody had any tips to help me get myself out of this silly mindset that would be great. Thanks!
bambi1425
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was in a class with all boys- tho in yr 13 so no online classes. I found being friends with one or two or even acquaintances made it easier- are there any you used to talk to at all? otherwise just standing your ground a bit and being confident in your work as a whole!

what subject is it ?
mpaprika
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
damn I have this to- I'm scared of answering because what if I get it wrong and they make fun of me :// but the teacher always picks on me
Amy275
Rep:
?
(Original post by bambi1425)
I was in a class with all boys- tho in yr 13 so no online classes. I found being friends with one or two or even acquaintances made it easier- are there any you used to talk to at all? otherwise just standing your ground a bit and being confident in your work as a whole!

what subject is it ?
Thank you for this! It’s history. I love it but it can just be intimidating, especially since all the boys are friends :/
Amy275
Rep:
?
(Original post by mpaprika)
damn I have this to- I'm scared of answering because what if I get it wrong and they make fun of me :// but the teacher always picks on me
I know! It’s irrational thinking but it still freaks me out.
bambi1425
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Amy275)
Thank you for this! It’s history. I love it but it can just be intimidating, especially since all the boys are friends :/
I had a friend in the exact same situation- but she was quite happily outspoken.

and I know it's hard but if they're all friends then hopefully they can't be too judgemental!! and they'll be willing to help you if you struggle with a topic ! hopefully, going back to school will help- since it's nearly september, I hope you can feel less anxious
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Isn't there an option to turn off camera/microphone?
Amy275
Rep:
?
(Original post by bambi1425)
I had a friend in the exact same situation- but she was quite happily outspoken.

and I know it's hard but if they're all friends then hopefully they can't be too judgemental!! and they'll be willing to help you if you struggle with a topic ! hopefully, going back to school will help- since it's nearly september, I hope you can feel less anxious
Thank you 💗
Moonbow
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Amy275)
I was wondering if anybody has any tips in regards to doing online classes. I’m the only girl in a class full of boys who I’m not really friends with. It sounds silly but I already get anxious with having real classes with them but online makes it 10x worse for some strange reason. If anybody had any tips to help me get myself out of this silly mindset that would be great. Thanks!
You go into there with confidence! Strut your stuff and don’t care what anyone says because you do you! 😜
DavidX123456
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just don’t your screen or pretend you are AFK
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (34)
7.98%
Confident (56)
13.15%
Indifferent (60)
14.08%
Unsure (110)
25.82%
Worried (166)
38.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise