What should you do if you regret a GCSE subject?

Watch
FlowerrPowerr
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What should you do if you regret picking one of your options for GCSE?
Raptor Jesus
Badges: 18
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by FlowerrPowerr)
What should you do if you regret picking one of your options for GCSE?
if u regret picking a gcse option, well ig it depends on what yr ur in - for eg if ur in yr10 i dont think u can drop it then so u have to carry on with it but if ur going to be in yr11 next year then ik u can drop it in there because its ur final yr

however instead of dropping it if u do regret it and not doing too well tell ur teacher abt it and they will help u with the content
Cheesecake101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Raptor Jesus)
if u regret picking a gcse option, well ig it depends on what yr ur in - for eg if ur in yr10 i dont think u can drop it then so u have to carry on with it but if ur going to be in yr11 next year then ik u can drop it in there because its ur final yr

however instead of dropping it if u do regret it and not doing too well tell ur teacher abt it and they will help u with the content
thats not true. you can only drop it in year 9/10 depending when the school starts proper gcse content. why would you think they’d let you drop a subject in the last year when nearly all the content has been finished?
Raptor Jesus
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Cheesecake101)
thats not true. you can only drop it in year 9/10 depending when the school starts proper gcse content. why would you think they’d let you drop a subject in the last year when nearly all the content has been finished?
well every school is a bit different i guess
macy_m
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Schools don't tend to let you drop it unless it really affects your grades or you fail every exam. Otherwise usually in the first year you should still have time to switch to another subject. Alternatively, you just deal with it like me with art
Raptor Jesus
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by macy_m)
Schools don't tend to let you drop it unless it really affects your grades or you fail every exam. Otherwise usually in the first year you should still have time to switch to another subject. Alternatively, you just deal with it like me with art
but in yr11 didint any1 drop art in ur class?
3 people did because they did dt gcse and couldnt keep up with both
emily.g34
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i regret taking BTEC Sport a complete waist of my time i could drop it for a revision lesson but then i would have one less gcse then everyone else a couple of the boys did go with this option.
it really does depend on the school- if youve already finished your GCSEs then you dont have to put it on your CV if you dont want to and if your at the start of yoear 10 you might be able to change it
macy_m
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Raptor Jesus)
but in yr11 didint any1 drop art in ur class?
3 people did because they did dt gcse and couldnt keep up with both
yh one person did
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed