The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University - psychology with counselling

Does the Psychology with Counselling degree at the OU allow me to go on to study a masters degree in Art Therapy?

My career goal is Art Therapist and in the current pandemic I think OU would be the best/most reliable option for studying a degree, but I don't want to do it if i cannot later use it to study a masters at a brick/campus uni.
You would have to check the entry requirements to the MA arts therapy courses and what sort of undergrad degree they’re looking for.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Most entry requirements I've seen ask for an Art Degree - or a Degree in a 'another relevant subject'.
I already have the art portfolio required to prove ability in that area, but was unsure as to the vague 'other relevant subject' requirement and if psychology with counselling would still apply, as I have seen those that go into more detail of the other relevant degrees including psychology.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, think I'm overcomplicating this for myself.
Also thank you! :smile:
Generally if it’s “art or a relevant subject” then they are looking for something similar to art.
However if they state art/humanities/social science or relevant subject with art portfolio then psychology could be considered.

The only real way of knowing if it would be okay is to email them and ask I’d say. Or find someone in the forums here that is on that course and ask about their experience perhaps?
Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest