EllaIsUnusual
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Hey, so my school has started setting us A-Level work to prepare us for year 12, however my psychology twacher hasn't set us much help, just tasks, and I was wondering how I would lay out my answer to a question because I have no idea where to even start.

The question is a 10 mark question:
Using Social learning principles explain why media (such as violent videos) may potentially have a negative impact on children's behavior (10 marks)

Thanks in advance
emma543
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by EllaIsUnusual)
Hey, so my school has started setting us A-Level work to prepare us for year 12, however my psychology twacher hasn't set us much help, just tasks, and I was wondering how I would lay out my answer to a question because I have no idea where to even start.

The question is a 10 mark question:
Using Social learning principles explain why media (such as violent videos) may potentially have a negative impact on children's behavior (10 marks)

Thanks in advance
My exam board is AQA- social learning is part of what we learn but the media isn't- but structuring should be mostly relevant.

For a 10 marker, you would typically outline the Social Learning Principles (no more than one paragraph) and then go on to discuss so the question says MAY have a negative impacts- so there I would write three more paragraphs about this- so look at both sides of the argument- one paragraph on yes it has negative effects and another saying it doesn't.
EllaIsUnusual
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by emma543)
My exam board is AQA- social learning is part of what we learn but the media isn't- but structuring should be mostly relevant.

For a 10 marker, you would typically outline the Social Learning Principles (no more than one paragraph) and then go on to discuss so the question says MAY have a negative impacts- so there I would write three more paragraphs about this- so look at both sides of the argument- one paragraph on yes it has negative effects and another saying it doesn't.
Thank you so much, this is really helpful. I really appreciate it.
emma543
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 18 hours ago
(Original post by EllaIsUnusual)
Thank you so much, this is really helpful. I really appreciate it.
If we had the social learning theory as a question- we would tend to evaluate the approach as well But I'm not sure if that is relevant to your question!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (41)
20.3%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (48)
23.76%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (35)
17.33%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (43)
21.29%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (19)
9.41%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
7.92%

Watched Threads