Resit and condoned fail - Coventry University

Watch
Nicholaspatrick
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I just checked my first year result that I got condoned fail on one module because I did not get 40% pass but was given the 20 credits which means I can progress to second year with resit unless I want to.

My question is that will my first year results contribute towards my final grading when I graduate as it does not look nice to get a condoned fail on transcripts.

Another question is that I resit one module I failed last term and got over 50% but the final grade was given at 40%. Does it mean no matter how good I did at resit, it is capped at 40%?
mike23mike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nicholaspatrick)
I just checked my first year result that I got condoned fail on one module because I did not get 40% pass but was given the 20 credits which means I can progress to second year with resit unless I want to.

My question is that will my first year results contribute towards my final grading when I graduate as it does not look nice to get a condoned fail on transcripts.

Another question is that I resit one module I failed last term and got over 50% but the final grade was given at 40%. Does it mean no matter how good I did at resit, it is capped at 40%?
Each uni has its own policy on what grades it will share - normally just the relevant grades are shared. Thus if 1st-year modules don't count to the final degree grade then they will not be shared. If your 2nd-year and 3rd-year module marks contribute to your overall degree grade then they will be shared.

Most unis have the policy that in a resit module you will get the pass mark only. So, even though you got 50% in the module you resat, the records show that you achieved 40%. Its only fair otherwise someone who took the same module and passed with say 45 would complain that you had a second attempt and achieved 50%. People will be choosing to fail left right and centre if there was no penalty for failing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (56)
9.03%
Confident (81)
13.06%
Indifferent (89)
14.35%
Unsure (159)
25.65%
Worried (235)
37.9%

Watched Threads

Latest