Learning12
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi,

So there was a problem with my maintenance loan amount so after calling student finance, they told my parent to fill out the pff2 form, but my parents and I have a few doubts.

1) My mum does not work, but on the form, there is a person 1 and 2, my Dad has filled in his details under person 1, but should my mum also fill in her details and just tick no for all the questions about her income?

2) We are all confused about what section 6 is asking for. Because I have two younger siblings, one currently in year 9 and the other currently in year 12, neither of then work and are dependent on my dad's income, but is that the information they are asking for?

Hope that makes sense.
Thank you
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Learning12)
Hi,

So there was a problem with my maintenance loan amount so after calling student finance, they told my parent to fill out the pff2 form, but my parents and I have a few doubts.

1) My mum does not work, but on the form, there is a person 1 and 2, my Dad has filled in his details under person 1, but should my mum also fill in her details and just tick no for all the questions about her income?

2) We are all confused about what section 6 is asking for. Because I have two younger siblings, one currently in year 9 and the other currently in year 12, neither of then work and are dependent on my dad's income, but is that the information they are asking for?

Hope that makes sense.
Thank you
1) yes. Fill in zeros and no to declare zero income
2) yes. Also if your siblings get income from trust funds or anything then they need to know that
Learning12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by PQ)
1) yes. Fill in zeros and no to declare zero income
2) yes. Also if your siblings get income from trust funds or anything then they need to know that
Thanks.

1) So you are saying that for my mum I should tick yes for the question about receiving taxable wages and enter the amount as £0.

2) And then in section 6, I should fill in my sister and brother's details in question 1 and say that they earn no income. But for question 2 of section 6 is it asking me to fill in their details again? And when they ask if my parents will support their student finance, do they mean in context to this year, because in future years my parents will support their application.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Thanks.

1) So you are saying that for my mum I should tick yes for the question about receiving taxable wages and enter the amount as £0.

2) And then in section 6, I should fill in my sister and brother's details in question 1 and say that they earn no income. But for question 2 of section 6 is it asking me to fill in their details again? And when they ask if my parents will support their student finance, do they mean in context to this year, because in future years my parents will support their application.
Hi, that is correct but your siblings go on the back of the form in the dependents section, not in Q1. The support question means the 20/21 academic year, not future academic years. This tick box is so your parents can support multiple students on one form instead of sending multiple forms.
Thanks, Isaac
Learning12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, that is correct but your siblings go on the back of the form in the dependents section, not in Q1. The support question means the 20/21 academic year, not future academic years. This tick box is so your parents can support multiple students on one form instead of sending multiple forms.
Thanks, Isaac
Thank you for your reply.

So just to clarify, I should put both my siblings' details under Q2, with my brother in year 10 (GCSE) and my sister in year 13 (A level). (So both are in the 'further or higher education' section)
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Thank you for your reply.

So just to clarify, I should put both my siblings' details under Q2, with my brother in year 10 (GCSE) and my sister in year 13 (A level). (So both are in the 'further or higher education' section)
Sorry I thought you meant Q1 of the form not q1 of the dependents section. Your brother should go in Q1, your sister in Q2.
Thanks, Isaac
Learning12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Sorry I thought you meant Q1 of the form not q1 of the dependents section. Your brother should go in Q1, your sister in Q2.
Thanks, Isaac
That's fine. Thank you so much for your help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (63)
19.21%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (71)
21.65%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (61)
18.6%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (69)
21.04%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (32)
9.76%
I haven't started researching yet (32)
9.76%

Watched Threads