Boyfriend is active on Instagram but ignoring me for days?

Watch
mashed slug
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Okay- so he usually replies to my messages within an hour, no more than two and a half on a bad day. Two days ago, we went out together for a bit, and we started texting when we both got home after that. Everything was normal, pleasant conversation, his replies were quick and he said a couple of sweet things amidst it. Then maybe a few hours later, he just read my message and ignored it. I'm not a clingy girlfriend type so I really didn't think much of it. But a few hours later he was still dead- which is very out of character for him. So I just asked him- you know, is something up? And he said not at all, why? So I just accepted it. Next morning I sent him a quick text that was something like,, Can't really talk much today because I have a lot of coursework but love you, have a nice day. And he just read and ignored it? Thing is- I wouldn't consider him a ****boy type at ALL. He's really clever,a bit of a nerd if I'm honest and he's very understanding towards me which makes this all weirder. He's not even busy because I can see him frequently texting on a group chat we're both on. He even turned off his activity status which is proper weird. I texted him yesterday saying look, something's up. Why are you ignoring me? But he hasn't even opened it. There was nothing gradual about how he started to act, it all happened completely instantly. It's been over 2 days now. What should I do?!
twinklelittlstar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
jeez. perhaps he really does have coursework? some people can't really help themselves to give insta and stuff a quick scroll, but I guess perhaps he feels like if he starts a convo he'll get too distracted? idk. it's worth asking him tho if u think something's up
mashed slug
Rep:
?
(Original post by twinklelittlstar)
jeez. perhaps he really does have coursework? some people can't really help themselves to give insta and stuff a quick scroll, but I guess perhaps he feels like if he starts a convo he'll get too distracted? idk. it's worth asking him tho if u think something's up
Thanks I appreciate the reply I asked him yesterday afternoon if something was up and he hasn't even opened it. Seems to have time to argue about Belgians in the Congo at 1am on the group chat though...
twinklelittlstar
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by mashed slug)
Thanks I appreciate the reply I asked him yesterday afternoon if something was up and he hasn't even opened it. Seems to have time to argue about Belgians in the Congo at 1am on the group chat though...
wuuut? well. I guess the only thing u can do now is wait till he responds :console:
mashed slug
Rep:
?
(Original post by twinklelittlstar)
wuuut? well. I guess the only thing u can do now is wait till he responds :console:
Yeah...
Anonymous #1
Report 3 days ago
Casually mention in the group chat if he's seen your message next time he's active?

Like 'hey baby I don't know if my texts are going through, are you getting them?''
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Casually mention in the group chat if he's seen your message next time he's active?

Like 'hey baby I don't know if my texts are going through, are you getting them?''
It is never a good idea to make your relationship problems public like this.

Have you tried calling him?
NonIndigenous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Mediocre behavior to repeatedly ignore someone's messages.

If he needs space, or is trying to focus on something and just getting easily distracted, he could say so.
imaniii
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Being busy is not an excuse to not message you and just say it so that you don’t have to worry. He’s old enough to know better. If he’s not able to talk that day it literally takes 10 seconds to write “I’ll be very busy today”.
mashed slug
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Okay- so he usually replies to my messages within an hour, no more than two and a half on a bad day. Two days ago, we went out together for a bit, and we started texting when we both got home after that. Everything was normal, pleasant conversation, his replies were quick and he said a couple of sweet things amidst it. Then maybe a few hours later, he just read my message and ignored it. I'm not a clingy girlfriend type so I really didn't think much of it. But a few hours later he was still dead- which is very out of character for him. So I just asked him- you know, is something up? And he said not at all, why? So I just accepted it. Next morning I sent him a quick text that was something like,, Can't really talk much today because I have a lot of coursework but love you, have a nice day. And he just read and ignored it? Thing is- I wouldn't consider him a ****boy type at ALL. He's really clever,a bit of a nerd if I'm honest and he's very understanding towards me which makes this all weirder. He's not even busy because I can see him frequently texting on a group chat we're both on. He even turned off his activity status which is proper weird. I texted him yesterday saying look, something's up. Why are you ignoring me? But he hasn't even opened it. There was nothing gradual about how he started to act, it all happened completely instantly. It's been over 2 days now. What should I do?!
Update,, he dumped me. He said the reason he didn't reply was because he felt guilty. But apparently none of it's my fault and he doesn't feel 'ready' for a relationship. I am honestly heartbroken
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
Update,, he dumped me. He said the reason he didn't reply was because he felt guilty. But apparently none of it's my fault and he doesn't feel 'ready' for a relationship. I am honestly heartbroken
Unlucky m8, plenty fish in the sea
mashed slug
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Unlucky m8, plenty fish in the sea
I disagree I really thought he was the one
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Yes. Cowardly of him. He should have met yiu face to face to tell you! Better of without him.
mashed slug
Rep:
?
(Original post by mgi)
Yes. Cowardly of him. He should have met yiu face to face to tell you! Better of without him.
I mean... I don't know Everything about him is perfect and I thought he was the one.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I mean... I don't know Everything about him is perfect and I thought he was the one.
He is definitely not the one! And he is definitely not perfect. He should grow a pair! He ignored you for 2 days- a coward. And if a guy does not love you dont ever try to force him- you will get used and disrespected repeatedly!
mashed slug
Rep:
?
(Original post by mgi)
He is definitely not the one! And he is definitely not perfect. He should grow a pair! He ignored you for 2 days- a coward. And if a guy does not love you dont ever try to force him- you will get used and disrespected repeatedly!
But that's where it gets a bit off, because he said he did love me- and he didn't reply straight away out of guilt
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
But that's where it gets a bit off, because he said he did love me- and he didn't reply straight away out of guilt
Guilt? lack of guts i would say! How long were you together? I would say actions speak louder than words for guys!
Last edited by mgi; 3 days ago
twinklelittlstar
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
hey, im so sorry about the breakup, what a buttwipe tbh :/ feel better soon girl, u deserve it💛 also, dw about him being “the one”- there are many more of those out there. give it some time, you’ll see
Anonymous #3
Report 3 days ago
ok
mashed slug
Rep:
?
(Original post by mgi)
Guilt? lack of guts i would say! How long were you together? I would say actions speak louder than words for guys!
A few months... not a massive amount of time but not that long either... but we have known eachother for quite a while before that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (56)
19.18%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (63)
21.58%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
19.86%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (63)
21.58%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (26)
8.9%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
8.9%

Watched Threads