Have your say: Students will be able to take all subjects in the autumn exams

Watch
tam13
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Here's where you can post a comment about our Students will be able to take all subjects in the autumn exams article.

Read the full Students will be able to take all subjects in the autumn exams article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
This is good then
Lightning720
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yay! Let's sit an exam in a subject that we haven't been taught for 7-8 months and never actually finished!
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Lightning720)
Yay! Let's sit an exam in a subject that we haven't been taught for 7-8 months and never actually finished!
No one's forcing you to sit the autumn/fall exams. Not my problem if some of the Y13s and people in other year groups are choosing not to revise (many (Y13's) have literally admitted that they won't be doing any sort of preparation before/until results day and I don't 100% blame them). I've seen plenty of Y11's on TSR taking the initiative by helping the Y10's, some have been self-studying in order to prepare for sixth form or they finishing off the GCSE content, asking about what sixth form is like etc whilst relaxing. Why did some the of the Y13's not do the same? Y13 and Y11 private candidates are revising for the autumn exams because unlike the rest of Y10-Y13 they have no choice but to sit the autumn exams. Be glad that in the Autumn people can sit exams for any subject because not everyone is going to receive the grades that they want (for whatever reason) and using your logic should we just cancel next year's exams too seeing as some pupils have had no support from their school whatsoever? Well should we? I think not. Next year's exams need to go ahead unless there is a second wave of cases.
Lightning720
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by 1st superstar)
No one's forcing you to sit the autumn/fall exams. Not my problem if some of the Y13s and people in other year groups are choosing not to revise (many (Y13's) have literally admitted that they won't be doing any sort of preparation before/until results day and I don't 100% blame them). I've seen plenty of Y11's on TSR taking the initiative by helping the Y10's, some have been self-studying in order to prepare for sixth form or they finishing off the GCSE content, asking about what sixth form is like etc whilst relaxing. Why did some the of the Y13's not do the same? Y13 and Y11 private candidates are revising for the autumn exams because unlike the rest of Y10-Y13 they have no choice but to sit the autumn exams. Be glad that in the Autumn people can sit exams for any subject because not everyone is going to receive the grades that they want (for whatever reason) and using your logic should we just cancel next year's exams too seeing as some pupils have had no support from their school whatsoever? Well should we? I think not. Next year's exams need to go ahead unless there is a second wave of cases.
Ummm... I never said we should cancel the Autumn exams. Thanks for completely making stuff up.
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Ummm... I never said we should cancel the Autumn exams. Thanks for completely making stuff up.
You said (sorry for using the word "too" in my previous response):
Some students have not received any support from their teachers thus meaning that may not have been taught for "7-8 months" as you put it (there's no guarantee that there won't be a second wave of infections in September/October) so should next year's cohort not sit exams then? Unlike other year groups no one is forcing Non-private candidate 2020 Y11's and Y13's to sit any form of exam. They will sit get a grade (no matter how good or bad that grade is) without having to sit any formal/public/external exams you're acting like this year's cohort are a being forced to sit the exams when they are not (that what I was getting from the tone of that post). Just be happy that the autumn exams are for all subjects and not just some like ofqual had originally announced. If people don't want to sit the exam then that's fine but at least they've got the chance to do so if they wish as not everyone will get the grades that they want or need for uni, sixth form etc

EDIT: but I still don't understand why the autumn exams were not modified and why it has taken this long to hear this statement from Ofqual and I will end the discussion here.
Last edited by 1st superstar; 6 days ago
coffeerush24
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by tam13)
Here's where you can post a comment about our Students will be able to take all subjects in the autumn exams article.

Read the full Students will be able to take all subjects in the autumn exams article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
Do you know what will happen with students who are resitting but also want to reapply to uni in regrads to predicted grades?
Gwil
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Will students who weren't able to get calculated grades (i.e. private candidates) be able to take the autumn exams?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
18.82%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.28%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.97%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.48%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
11.02%

Watched Threads