Just getting everything delivered to uni accomodation?

Watch
Imfukd
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to move in. I was thinking of just getting everything I need delivered to my accommodation because I don't have a car and no one to help me move in so it'd probably be best to have everything delivered there when I get there (probably by train). Has anyone done this?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Imfukd)
I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to move in. I was thinking of just getting everything I need delivered to my accommodation because I don't have a car and no one to help me move in so it'd probably be best to have everything delivered there when I get there (probably by train). Has anyone done this?
Quite a few international students do this at my uni - they contact the halls office so that they know the deliveries are coming before they move in, and then (if they are very nice/you pay a fee) the halls staff put all the deliveries in their assigned room.
Imfukd
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
Quite a few international students do this at my uni - they contact the halls office so that they know the deliveries are coming before they move in, and then (if they are very nice/you pay a fee) the halls staff put all the deliveries in their assigned room.
oh thanks glad to know there's some system in place.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Imfukd)
oh thanks glad to know there's some system in place.
That might have only been the case at my halls (iQ), so you should call ahead to make sure they can do the same for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.11%
Confident (54)
13.27%
Indifferent (58)
14.25%
Unsure (104)
25.55%
Worried (158)
38.82%

Watched Threads