Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Supremely talented videogames composer, famous for his scores of the Final Fantasy series. Anyone else a fan?

ReputationRep:
    Me! He's amazing! I have 'To Zanarkand' on my iPod and listen to it alllllllllllllll the time.

ReputationRep:
    He's ****ing awesome!

ReputationRep:
    Meeeeeeeeeee! I really like this music, self taught musician as well. I found it a breathe of fresh air after listening to loads of complicated stuff since its simple yet effective. I like the rearranged orchestral works too :-D and the black mages side project.

ReputationRep:
    His scores from FF6-9 are absolute materpieces in my opinion. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    He has the advantage, in that anyone listening to his works has probably played the game, so their nostalgia taints their perception of it.

That in hand, his stuff in FF7 is fantastic. J-E-N-O-V-A, the boss battle theme, and (naturally) One Winged Angel are all superb.

ReputationRep:
    Living LEGEND...... Brought Final fantasy VII 2 life

ReputationRep:
    He's great ^^. Wasn't so keen on the most recent Black Mages album compared to the previous two though.

One Winged Angel is probably my favourite track from a game at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    The Boss battle theme was awesome......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gourdman)
    He has the advantage, in that anyone listening to his works has probably played the game, so their nostalgia taints their perception of it.

That in hand, his stuff in FF7 is fantastic. J-E-N-O-V-A, the boss battle theme, and (naturally) One Winged Angel are all superb.
    I know what you mean - I've wondered what I would think of it minus the nostalgia before...

ReputationRep:
    The only reason I have The Black Mages on itunes is for this man.

FF7 Tifa + Aeris theme... FFX pretty much all of them and the prelude are my fav xD

ReputationRep:
    Watch out for Lost Oddessey( or should that be Listen out 4!!!)

ReputationRep:
    I love his music, it's awesome. There are so many good tracks in the FF games, it wouldn't really be an FF game without his scores.

ReputationRep:
    My favourites at the moment: 'Terra's Theme/Overworld' (FF6), 'Cloud's Theme' (FF7), 'You're Not Alone' (FF9) and 'To Zanarkand' (FF10). :yep:

I do believe that FF12 suffered with not having Uematsu on board.

ReputationRep:
    It is good stuff. I like the black mages too.

His soundtrack to Lost Odyssey is good too, but I refuse to listen to it in it's entirety until I have finished the game.

ReputationRep:
    He is a big influence of mine.

ReputationRep:
    He is awesome, those that fight further keyboard solo is brilliant

ReputationRep:
    I really dig his music, but I actually like his friend Yasunori Mitsuda's music more, I mean, daaayum, the Chrono Cross soundtrack is awesome.

Tetsuya Shibata is pretty damn sweet as well.

ReputationRep:
    video game composing must be the coolest job in the world

i love playing video game themes on the piano...theres a good website with sheet music on..lemme find the link

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 5, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.