Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone else not use shampoo? watch

ReputationRep:
    I haven't really used shampoo in 2 or 3 years. I have short blond hair (number 4) and I've never been told it was dirty or anything, in fact I've had people comment on how soft it is and stuff... obviously I still wash it but only with water.

That said, during that time I never used gel or anything so there wasn't much reason for it to get manky. Recently I've started using gel/spray so sometimes I'll use a tiny bit of shampoo to help clean the dried gel out.

One of the reasons I don't use it is because whenever I wash my hair with shampoo it goes really blond, shiny and kind of fluffy which I hate.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I have long, curly brown hair so I don't think it'd bode well.

ReputationRep:
    I have dreadlocks (well, as much as a white guy can) and generally don't. I'm looking into shampoos that don't leave residue in your hair, that would be ideal for me.

ReputationRep:
    I have short brown hair, and i only use Shampoo twice or three times a week.

I can't used it every day, i seem to have a bad reaction to most of them. My scalp tends to get extremely red and itchy.

ReputationRep:
    My hair is short but it would be absoluteley disgusting if i didnt use shampoo and just rinsed it with water.
    greasy as hell.

ReputationRep:
    Nahh I always use shampoo. My hair goes really lank otherwise which I don't like. But then again everyone's hair is slightly different and I dont see the problem in people only washing it in water. :-)

ReputationRep:
    I heard that if you just use water it will take a while for you hair to look nice but once it does it'll look nicer than using shampoo/conditioner :yep:

Not that I'd try it.

ReputationRep:
    I can't leave my hair to get greasy for one day, let alone the 4 weeks or whatever it takes for the oils to clean your hair.

ReputationRep:
    Have long hair, so shampoo is my friend! Don't see a problem if it works for you though, obviously. I can't stand it when i leave my hair and it goes all greasy, and surely if you have long hair that you wash with only water it would be harder to brush all the knots out afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    I have to wash my hair every day - With Pantene Ice Shine (I think i spelt it wrong). I washed my hair yesterday in the afternoon and my hair is now greasy - I am just going to have a shower. I would never leave the house without wahing my hair. It gets so greasy so quick. I hate it. my hair isn't long about eyebrow length.

ReputationRep:
    This thread makes me :eek: I can't comprehend not washing my hair each day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonDonna)
    This thread makes me :eek: I can't comprehend not washing my hair each day
    I agree. To me, there isnt a worse feeling in the world than having really greasy hair. Makes me feel crap about myself and really self-conscious if I have to go out for a day with greasy hair.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. I must be a dirty ***** - I wash my hair every second day...I don't understand washing it every single day

And that four week oils washing naturally thing?...That's a myth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    I agree. To me, there isnt a worse feeling in the world than having really greasy hair. Makes me feel crap about myself and really self-conscious if I have to go out for a day with greasy hair.
    Yep exactly. I'm sure it's actually all in the mind, of course no-one is looking at your hair, but I just can't do it. And I feel SO much worse with unwashed hair somehow.

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who ran out of shampoo once and couldnt' be bothered to buy more so he didn't wash it for months. It was very grim. But we brought him round to the idea eventually

ReputationRep:
    What would a bald guy use on his head? Shampoo or shower gel? If anyone knows please tell me!!

ReputationRep:
    thats gross. how can u not use shampoo?? ur hair wont get properly clean without some sort of hair stuff. i could never not use shampoo, just the thought of it is horrible :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dollaleigh)
    thats gross. how can u not use shampoo?? ur hair wont get properly clean without some sort of hair stuff. i could never not use shampoo, just the thought of it is horrible :P
    Did you not read my post? My hair is clean, so your theory would appear to be *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kink)
    Oh dear. I must be a dirty ***** - I wash my hair every second day...I don't understand washing it every single day
    Same here, I actually find that if u get into the habit of washing your hair everyday it gets greasier quicker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kink)

And that four week oils washing naturally thing?...That's a myth.
    no it's not. do you think people evolved with constant access to shampoo?

But the problem is that it doesn't always work into today polluted environment. if you live in London say, all the dirt that gets into your hair... it does need washing with shampoo often, unfortunatley.

Also if you use products in your hair, it'll probably need shampoo.

but if you were born 1000 years ago and never used shampoo, your hair wouldn't be greasy for your entire life. I mean, that would just be mank.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.