The Student Room Group

What kind of information do you need from unis before starting in Autumn?

Poll

What information do you need from unis in light of Covid-19 before Autumn term?

Universities are currently prepping their plans for September, taking in their stride all manner of different scenarios and alternatives so students can start uni in the autumn as safely and normally as possible.

However, what's the information that you need the most for starting uni? Do you need some more information on how accommodation might work, how seminars might be done in person, or social activities be still be kept up?

What are unis telling you that is important and need to know, and what stuff can you deal with when you're there?

Let us know your thoughts :biggrin:
i don't feel like i *need* any information - i'm pretty content with going with the flow at the moment seeing as uni only starts in oct and nothing is set in stone :yep:
Reply 2
Don't think anything is set for sure at the moment. But I definitely need some solid ( if possible ) insights about my Uni's teaching plan for freshers this September 2020.
Original post by yzanne
i don't feel like i *need* any information - i'm pretty content with going with the flow at the moment seeing as uni only starts in oct and nothing is set in stone :yep:

That's a good way of thinking about it :smile:

If you don't mind me asking, what information do you think would be useful as pre-enrolement communications after you've got a place? Do you think you know enough about how uni is going to work in September?

Original post by PaperBoi
Don't think anything is set for sure at the moment. But I definitely need some solid ( if possible ) insights about my Uni's teaching plan for freshers this September 2020.

That's a really good point. When do you think you need this information by? Just after Results Day, or is closer to the start date ok?
Original post by StrawberryDreams
If you don't mind me asking, what information do you think would be useful as pre-enrolement communications after you've got a place? Do you think you know enough about how uni is going to work in September?

I think there isn't any vital information that the uni can give me for september because obviously they are just as much in the dark about what the future holds in terms of a second wave etc.

i guess i would like to know when i find out what accom i have got, as well as what there plans are for if there's a second wave - warwick plans to open their campus so i'd want to know if we'd stay there for quarantine pt2 or come home? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest