Access to HE - presentations

Watch
xx_Ammmz_xx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone,

I am doing an online access to HE course and a few of my assignments are asking for a presentation, where I have to video myself presenting with the ppt slides.

This might sound silly, but I don't actually have a projector so am I supposed to film myself presenting the slides on my laptop?

Any clarification on this would be brilliant, thanks!
sunshinehss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would assume so as most people wouldn't have a projector lol and especially if they did say to "video yourself" (you'll probably email them the PowerPoint so they can follow along?).

The only other alternative I can think of is if they wanted you to do a voiceover for the PowerPoint but I think that's unlikely based on the whole recording yourself aspect.

Good luck

Edit:
Would you be able to email your tutor/course provider for total clarification?
Last edited by sunshinehss; 1 week ago
xx_Ammmz_xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by sunshinehss)
I would assume so as most people wouldn't have a projector lol and especially if they did say to "video yourself" (you'll probably email them the PowerPoint so they can follow along?).

The only other alternative I can think of is if they wanted you to do a voiceover for the PowerPoint but I think that's unlikely based on the whole recording yourself aspect.

Good luck

Edit:
Would you be able to email your tutor/course provider for total clarification?
Thank you, that would make sense! I think I'll email my unit tutor just to clarify - thanks for the suggestion, I thought it would be silly to ask!
sunshinehss
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by xx_Ammmz_xx)
Thank you, that would make sense! I think I'll email my unit tutor just to clarify - thanks for the suggestion, I thought it would be silly to ask!
Trust me, you're always better off asking/emailing until you 100% understand regardless of how silly you might feel
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Phone camera and laptop, or voiceover feature on powerpoint is how my students did this
xx_Ammmz_xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjd800)
Phone camera and laptop, or voiceover feature on powerpoint is how my students did this
Ah thanks! I had no idea there was a VoiceOver feature on ppt! So can you have just the ppt and your voice or does it have to be you actually delivering the presentation?
xx_Ammmz_xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by sunshinehss)
Trust me, you're always better off asking/emailing until you 100% understand regardless of how silly you might feel
Sure, thank you!
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by xx_Ammmz_xx)
Ah thanks! I had no idea there was a VoiceOver feature on ppt! So can you have just the ppt and your voice or does it have to be you actually delivering the presentation?
You can record yourself talking over the slides, then the file you send it can just be played!

I had no idea this was possible until 4 months ago haha, and I was doing the assessing :lol:
xx_Ammmz_xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjd800)
You can record yourself talking over the slides, then the file you send it can just be played!

I had no idea this was possible until 4 months ago haha, and I was doing the assessing :lol:
Ah lol, awesome sounds great thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (76)
18.63%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (82)
20.1%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (78)
19.12%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (89)
21.81%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (41)
10.05%
I haven't started researching yet (42)
10.29%

Watched Threads