Need help understanding student finance

Watch
charlieviper10
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi,

I'm currently 18 and going to college in September studding forensic science BTEC level 3 diploma. My mums income is around £20,000 does anyone know a rough idea what help I can get? such as maintenance loan, long support loan etc? As going to call student finance tomorrow but don't want to seem dumb as looked up a bit but everywhere is saying different bits what don't understand fully.
Leahmitch
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by charlieviper10)
Hi,

I'm currently 18 and going to college in September studding forensic science BTEC level 3 diploma. My mums income is around £20,000 does anyone know a rough idea what help I can get? such as maintenance loan, long support loan etc? As going to call student finance tomorrow but don't want to seem dumb as looked up a bit but everywhere is saying different bits what don't understand fully.
My mums income is £25k and I got £4,200 so you might get a little more
Shirohige
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by charlieviper10)
Hi,

Hi

Im not sure you get maintenance for level 3? I thought it was level 4 and above. If your unsure of calling you can ask them on twitter/facebook etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (63)
19.27%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (70)
21.41%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (61)
18.65%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (69)
21.1%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (32)
9.79%
I haven't started researching yet (32)
9.79%

Watched Threads